Gran Turismo: SPORT [Image Heavy]

Hi everyone. This is my first attempt at an OT for a game. This is meant to be a thread where we can discuss the game (good/bad) and share our experiences, setups, liveries, replays, organize races etc… Maybe someone with more experience making these kind of threads can take over and clean it up :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Hope this is acceptable :slightly_smiling_face:

I don’t have the game yet, but the scapes and replays look photoreal.

A shame that it’s mostly online focused, though I’m tempted to get it just for the photomode.

Finally! Thank you. I was thinking of starting a OT!

I hope there are other GT GAF members here.

Edit:
Are you Psycho_Mantis OP? It looks like you copy/pasted his OT.

No :slight_smile: Same username here. I just took a bunch of screenshots from the official GTS page :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this game at all worth it if you don’t have PS+?

My recent Scapes:

I would say no at the current price. It’s designed for online multiplayer.

as a pretty big fan of the GT series, it’s a bummer that the game is so focused on real-life motorsport/sportsmanship. I think it’s a miscalculation, too, because most of that community is already heavily invested in iRacing.

Anyways, I’ll get the ball rolling with some liveries that I’ve made:

And a bonus replay from a fast lap at Mount Panorama Circuit Experience (at least I think it was fast):

My PSN id is LastNinja, feel free to add me :slight_smile:

what the fuck

please tell me those track workers and pit crew are photos.

They’re scapes, so they are.

The cars aren’t.

I’ve seen some people criticizing the weird location and historical context given to every race. Random facts about jazz music and baseball history. But I really love the way that stuff is handled. Sure, it’s yuppie-ish. But it reminds me of the old Sony stores they used to have back in the day.

For what it’s worth I’m also a die hard GT fan since GT2, and I was bummed when they announced the direction they were going for with this title. However after playing the last beta/demo I was hooked. This type of online racing with a focus on driving clean is a new sort of addiction I didn’t know I needed in my life :grin: Have spent an unhealthy amount of time with the game since release. Never got around to iRacing, since it’s been years since I’ve had any sort of PC gaming setup worth anything :confused: but I hear good things.

I don’t have PS+, I have GT Sport. I’m addicted to it!

The on-track experience is absolutely brilliant. It really pushes players to play “clean” and embrace the true art of racing.

Oh and when I need to clear my mind, I just fire up Scapes and let the OST meditate my body and soul!

I hear you. I can also literally spend hours chilling in the livery editor with that dope eclectic music playing in the background, a nice contrast to the white knuckle intensity of the online races.

Check out the ‘Scapes’ section in the first post :slight_smile:

Hi all!

Speaking of music, Is there an OST release coming? I like some of the menu music. Upbeat and calming at times.

Apart from the online only aspect I’m absolutely loving this game,. Maybe it’s the flashy graphics and the solid 60fps that I didn’t get with the PS3 games. I’ve spent a few hours just trying to Gold all the single player content - I’m far from accomplishing that.

Do you feel like you’re getting your money’s worth with the sp stuff?

I don’t know about an actual release but there is a comprehensive list of the tracks here and there are some complete playlists on spotify.