Guitars, Bass Guitars, Baritone Guitars, Any Other Instruments Really Let's Talk About Them

Ok this might be more of a production question, but I’m super curious if anyone knows how they’re getting that mega punchy/round/tight bass guitar sound?

It doesn’t sound like there’s a whole lot of processing other than some EQ and a bunch of compression but I’m having a hard time getting the punchiness without some amount of flabbiness. That might just be my playing though.

Well, from the video it looks like the bass player is using a pick, that could have a bit to do with it. If you’re using your fingers make sure you’re not attacking too hard, let your amp or mixer or whatever give you the volume you need. And maybe try out a noise gate to cut decay? I don’t know, that’s what I can think of, but I’m not a good producer by any means!

I have a super cheap acoustic guitar that I’ve been looking at and am very afraid of picking at. I can definitely keep a beat and play an instrument, I played saxophone for 8 ish years, but a guitar? That stuff scares me to death haha.

They now make the cheaper version of the ST Vincent guitar in black

I’m going to try and hold of by telling myself they might one day have the red in a cheaper version as well

I was going to say that black is the missionary of guitar colors, but then I looked and that model still looks very cool.