Here’s The First Gameplay Trailer for ‘Elden Ring’

I had to stop watching the waypoint Souls trailers stream when it was live - does anyone know if there’s an archive available anywhere?

There’s an archive on Twitch.

1 Like

Weird, I’m looking at All Videos and I don’t see it.

I believe it’s the Tactical Tuesday stream. They haven’t chopped it up yet and naming is off, but it’s in there somewhere near the start.

1 Like

Hero, it’s the Just Chatting segment. Thank you!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1052895826?t=0h16m42s

2 Likes

Some more details from a translated interview:

It almost sounds like a Dark Souls with an even more overt Zelda-ish overworld/dungeon split. Also, equippable summons! Does make this sound a little more adventurous than just a fourth Souls game.

5 Likes

This is really cool. The thing I was most enamored with playing Dark Souls was that it captured some of the wonder of going through Hyrule in Ocarina for the first time. To have a souls game explicitly follow Ocarina’s structure sounds amazing.

2 Likes

I keep thinking about all of the imagery in the trailer with arms/hands. Like, there’s a LOT of severed arms, extra arms, giant monster hands, etc. Especially when taken in conjunction with this image from the first teaser trailer from a couple of years ago.

I don’t know what to make of it, but I find it incredibly fascinating.

2 Likes

This is DEF the specific lord/demi-god who has all those arms in the gameplay trailer. And if you look closely, it looks almost as if these ones here are LIFTING him up, working almost autonomously.

4 Likes

could just be handeye coordination

1 Like

They were absolutely right, I AM “excited about the things I don’t know yet”. If that quote is any indication, a super open ended souls game with some more conventional overworld / dungeon distinctions, and combat that looks like it has a flow and intensity the likes of Sekiro, I think I’ll be losing a lot of time to this when it comes out, hoping for a real banger.

2 Likes

The severed forearm god reminds me of, and creeps me out the same way as, the Triskelion. Sure, most depictions are just three whorls joined at a center, but the origin is three legs.

Once you start having too many limbs cooperating in novel ways, my brain just goes places. It’s such a vibrant place to play with in creature design.

3 Likes