Hey so uh anyone want to talk about Red Dead Redemption 2?

I got to play about an hour and a half last night. The thing that is immediately clear is it’s a much more subdued game - part of me wonders if its more sanguine tone is what makes a lot of reviewers fall over for it - it probably is better than a lot of AAA game stories, but I’m not deep enough in to see if it’s actually good. I’m definitely interested in the characters so far. I will say it took 45 minutes for a character to make a racist comment, using the word darkies.

Controls are a little funny, if only because there’s so many actions tied to your triggers. I’ve shot my gun by accident 3 or 4 times already, and I can’t really tell if the “put away gun” button literally puts the gun away, or if it only does it in certain contexts, or what.

Interested to hear what other folks’ experiences are. I’m really looking forward to being able to play more.

I’m definitely thinking about the harm done to people through this game’s development, and I’m also trying to keep in mind that these are very real people, like Jay Patel, a QA person at Lincoln, UK, mentioned in Kirk Hamilton’s review, who found mission breaking bugs according to his Twitter: https://twitter.com/jayp2468/status/1055435187012669441

Heh, we made threads literally within minutes of each other.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Possible Story Discussion] Red Dead Redemption 2 First Impressions

Gonna close this thread and shuffle the relevant posts over to the other one – nothing against you, @Forrest, just want to consolidate the discussion & you already cross-posted the content over there!