I’m not sure if they’re going to be anybody’s cup of tea however as these are like 30 years old recipes.
Roast Gammon with Citrus, Rasin, and Rum sauce:
Gammon joint ideally smoked 2.5kg
Black treacle 1 tbl spoon
Sea salt (crystals are better)
Orange x 1
Lime x 1
Double shot dark rum (your choice)
120g brown sugar
Arrowroot tble spoon (you could use other thickeners)
1.Remove from wrapper and dry
2. Score skin of gammon in diamond shape
3. If desiring better crackling place in fridge for 2 days uncovered
4. Pre heat oven to 240 C
5. Coat gammon with treacle and sea salt, make sure salt is pressed into skin
6. Place in oven for 25 mins
7. After 25 mins turn down to 180 C and cook for 2 hours
8. Once cooked remove from oven and sit for 30 mins to rest in foil.
- Zest and dice orange peel
- Zest lime
- Juice orange and lime
- Add everything except arrowroot to sauce pan on gentle heat
- Whisk in arrowroot until simmering.
- Once clear remove from heat
- Pour over gammon once sliced and served.
This should serve 6 people comfortably and 8 at a pinch. If you find a larger joint say 5kg simply double up the sauce (add rum to personal tastes). That should feed about 10. Veg etc also to needs of group.
I don’t cook as much as I used to so maybe someone else with people to cook for might use this.