Honk Does It Feel? ♫ - A thread about Untitled Goose Game

Can’t believe I’m the first to make that D’angelo reference.

Look, Untitled Goose Game is fantastic. I’ve only played about an hour of it so far and I feel pretty confident saying that. I like how weird it feels at first that the game gives you, a trash goose, a to-do list with no explanation for why you would do any of those things. I also love that after crossing off just one item on said list you never question why they gave you that list: It’s literally the developers looking at you with a cocked eyebrow as if it to say:

See? See how great it is to be a trash goose roaming the country side? See how satisfying it is to stealth around the gardner and scaring the living daylights out of him with your almighty honk? what the hell do you mean “why is there a to-do list?” You know why that to-do list is there. No get out there and raise hell.

8 Likes

I have yet to play this game but all the footage I’ve seen has been a delight!

Also, this is very important

3 Likes
18 Likes

I like, entering a new area and just plapping about causing havoc and seeing if I inadvertently accomplish some of the goals on the to-do list without looking at it

geese truly are horrible

2 Likes

5 Likes

I highly recommend playing this game without every looking at the to do list. I just pick a target and begin an endless harassment campaign until I’ve broken them body and spirit and move on to the next person.

Also, the speed runners have slashed to the end game in 3 minutes now.

5 Likes

I second this notion wholeheaartedly. Just cruising around looking for potential victims and trying to annoy them is a great experience, and it makes the feeling when you accidentally bump into actually clearing an objective and seeing it pop up on the screen that much sweeter.

2 Likes

“How’s Brexit life, bob? Feeling cut off from the rest of the world? HONK

1 Like

Goose game is good!

Also, I feel really bad for this Goose! Everyone is so mean to them all the time! LEAVE THE GOOSE ALONE! HE’S JUST DOING WHAT HE’S TOLD!

The Goose is right to constantly honk at these people TBH.

4 Likes

I have Fridays off, so I basically mainlined Goose game for as long as I could that day. I was very worried it wouldn’t have much to it beyond the concept, but it’s really really good.

Besides the music, my favourite bit of sound design is the soft slaps of the feet hitting pavement while walking.

Story (i guess?) Spoiler It was so profoundly satisfying knowing that this goose, in addition to just wanting to fuck shit up, had a goal in all this.

7 Likes

plaplaplaplaplaplaplaplaplap

5 Likes

ngl i felt kind of bad when I stole that kid’s glasses but then I remembered he’s probably some private school kid who gives people wedgies in the hallway.

4 Likes

I have to say, the titular Goose here is way nicer than any goose I’ve encountered.

4 Likes

I know! Look at the horrid treatment they receive when trying to pay for their shopping!

5 Likes

Has anyone successfully done the True Pacifist run of the game yet?

1 Like

I was weighing my groceries and that person just came at me with a broom whats up with that!

I also stole her receipt printer.

3 Likes

The goose was justified in every cruel act he visited upon these “quaint” people.

1 Like

Still feeling bad for my goose friend! Every level ends with someone putting up a NO GOOSES ALLOWED sign! What hateful people. Paper reading dude especially! He’s mean to the goose AND that nice artist lady!

4 Likes

I mean, are you telling me that he didn’t know that vase was fragile when he tossed it over the wall? Come on, guy, you’re not fooling anybody!

5 Likes

Is she really that nice? She keeps taking that ribbon away from the goose. It just wants to look good, is that a crime!?

4 Likes