How do you guys feel about video game piracy?

When I’m on the high seas, and I finally get a few minutes of free time, I like to lie back on in the galley, chomp on some hard tack, and play a little Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I gotta hind behind the barrels to make sure I don’t get the plank, ya get me? Har har har!

Assassin’s Creed: Black Flag was the most authentic video game piracy ever got. Don’t fuckin @ me.

I’m still gutted we never got that Pirates of the Caribbean game. :neutral_face:

Monkey Island - classic

and here’s me thinking this was going to be yet another mis-informed thread justifying piracy, bah!

Why are pirates so great?

Age of Booty was an awesome game y’all.

hehe… booty…

Yarr I love nothing more then setting sail, plundering and torrenting only the latest and most indie games available on the darkwebs for freeeeee

Firmly against. PIRACY harms Merchants as well as legitimate Seafarers.

playing video games is a much worse crime than piracy and I’ll see you double- or maybe even triple-hanged for it.

I really enjoyed Sid Meier’s Pirates back in the day, but I don’t know if it still holds up.

Y’all living in the 17th century with your silly seafaring vessels while Nathan Zachary and I are out here in the 20th century raiding huge zeppelins in our funky biplanes. Crimson Skies is the real deal.

it holds up 

You wanna talk early 2000s sky pirates?! 'Cause Skies of Arcadia will cut a motherfucker.

a big pile of rum for your mouth and my mouth

2369727-62202_10151337857506834_488826307_n

After watching that video I cannot ever take Adam Boyes seriously.

Also, I’m pretty sure Brad is still shaking off that hangover.

It’s real good. The remake is solid as well.

Booty Bay, y’all. Get with it.

I was so sad the Black Flag did not bring about a renaissance of pirate games. It was a occasionally janky and too arcady game with a bad story and it was some of the most fun I’ve had playing a game. I swam through a underwater ruin and then murdered a band of pirates with an axe I stole from one of them to find buried treasure. I sailed into the teeth of a storm to avoid pursuing Spanish Galleons off the coast of Cuba. There was a dedicated shanty button!! Why isn’t that in every game?

The age of piracy is a great setting for video games. The actual historical period had over the top violence, ridiculous characters, and outrageous heists. Small bands of men sacked cities and burned fleets of ships filled with gold. You don’t have to exaggerate a lot to make it a video game. Why are the only two good piracy simulation games Sid Meier’s Pirates! and Black Flag?

Sea of Thieves has potential and Ubisoft has that new Skull & Bones thing. But I want a great single-player experience.

Y’all forgetting the GOAT

300px-DKC2

Get your anti-pirate classic platforming the hell outta here!