Hunters, Rise Up! (Monster Hunter Rise thread)

This morning there was a Monster Hunter Rise digital showcase which, on top of revealing some of the monsters who are returning (which I would request folks maybe keep in spoiler tags in the event some people want to go into the game blind), showed off a fun new mechanic, the characters in this game’s village, and revealed a demo is going to be available later today!

I for one am very excited about this game and am hoping to share that enthusiasm with others. That’s all!

4 Likes

i am so so ready for this demo today.

1 Like

Oh that’s great! it slipped my mind it was getting a demo but of course it will.
I suspect this is gonna be a constant during my 2021 and if I take to it as much as I’ve taken to World it’ll probably be in my top 3 of the year.

2 Likes

This is the one new game I am planning to buy at launch this year. I can’t wait to once again get to trounce weak enemies with Switch Axe and get meaningful progress from it.

1 Like

I think this is the MH game where I really try to get into MH and play with other people. Know a lot more Gamers on switch than other consoles where I tried to get into it.

2 Likes

Some initial demo impressions:

• I forgot how good the music is in these games
  • The game is very very pretty and manages to capture and convey a lot of detail on handheld mode
  • I never played World so maybe Rise is incorporating quality of life changes that are old news to some folks but the UI and quick menu stuff is such a step-up from the 3DS games and MHGU.
  • I love Monster Hunter
  • I really hope I don’t have to embark upon some sort of Mad Max style journey to get this game in March given the state of everything.

For folks who aren’t familiar, the Monster Hunter community is generally pretty friendly and keen to educate and inform newer players; I highly recommend checking out Gaijin Hunter’s YouTube channel for weapon analysis, commentary, and contagious enthusiasm.

5 Likes

I want to add to the content creator recommendations. Like Dark Souls, Monster Hunter is a series where you are extremely encouraged to use wikis/Youtube/walkthroughs/etc. to learn the basics of how the game works and it is far more enjoyable if you do research in order to learn how to play the way you want.

“Arekkz Gaming” had extremely good in-depth weapon tutorials for World, which are probably still relevant. Not sure if they have new ones for Rise yet.

“Jinjinx and Tuner” have really good in depth info for optimal gear setups. Even if you don’t want to speedrun or min/max, their videos are very good for explaining mechanics (like how poison works) so you can make more informed build choices. I expect they will have some Rise videos soon, now that the demo is out.

5 Likes