I Love Telling My Enemies They're Doing Great In 'Chivalry 2'

There are two main ways to interact directly with another player in Chivalry 2: Killing them brutally in sword-based medieval combat, or "commending" them for killing you brutally with a button press. It's a great system which shows that if you give players an easy way to say "Hey, nice shot," they'll use it, and not just hurl insults and slurs into their headset mics with abandon.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/88n5yx/i-love-telling-my-enemies-theyre-doing-great-in-chivalry-2

As I played, I found myself comparing Chivalry 2 to another game I spend a lot of time with: Call of Duty: Warzone, which broadcasts enemy players’ voice channels for a brief moment after you kill them. While I and my teammates refrain from going off on the mic when someone kills us, it’s very common to hear someone on the other end of your fatal bullet get really, really angry. This can be very satisfying, but it gets undeniably ugly when people hurl insults or slurs.

I don’t know why anyone would think this is a good idea, but I assume the CoD team knows their audience better than I do.

5 Likes