(Title quote pulled from Patrick’s article on the game.)
I think most of us are fairly pleasantly surprised that this game is it has been reported to be. Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle is an ‘over-the-top strategy game […] an unexpected encounter between Mario and irreverent Rabbids’ for the Nintendo Switch, made by Ubisoft. Battles take place in a turn-based system that pushes you to try and perfectly execute your turns in a puzzle-like fashion.
I haven’t sunk my teeth into this game yet—but I can’t wait to. I’m not a deep-running Mario fan or a Rabbids fan (is anyone?), but this game sounds surprisingly great. How have you snapped it up already? How are you finding it? Any tips, tricks, or warnings for newcomers?
Who gave Yoshi, a horse, a gun?
Waypont Articles & Podcasts
- It’s ‘Mario + Rabbids,’ Taylor Swift, and ‘Half-Life 3’ on Waypoint Radio
- ‘Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle’ Is More Than a Surprise, It’s Excellent (forum topic)
- In ‘Mario + Rabbids,’ Banjo-Kazooie’s Composer Has Another Great Soundtrack (forum topic)
- We Talk ‘Kingdom Battle,’ ‘Xcom 2,’ Taylor Swift on Waypoint Radio (forum topic)
- Me: ‘Mario + Rabbids’ Needs a Hard Mode! (Narrator Voice: It Doesn’t) (forum topic)