IO Interactive (Hitman Series) is announcing a new project tomorrow! (Project 007)

Get hype kids. Mini Ninjas 2 is back baby.

2 Likes

My understanding is that it’s a new IP that they mentioned they were working on last year. I wonder where they got the funding for it.

1 Like

Maybe Epic games. They’re putting forward money for Hitman 3, after all…

I for one, am looking forward to the Hit-Fish prequel trilogy.

1 Like

I’m assuming it’s a new IP, but it’d be wild if they did another Kane & Lynch or Freedom Fighters.

2 Likes

Excited for this because I think they make great games but Hitman just isn’t my thing.

Calling it now, it’s going to be a hero shooter

Drops in 15.

EDIT:

OH FUCK IT’S A BOND GAME

THAT’S ABSOLUTELY PERFECT FOR THEM.

8 Likes

This rules!! The most recent Hitman games have James Bond vibe, so this fits perfect!

2 Likes

(Me): Yet another studio encumbered with making yet another game from a preexisting IP because capitalism can’t tolerate an ounce of creativity because it’s not a guaranteed return on investment. And are we sure we still want to tolerate a misogynist old fossil of an IP like the Bond franchise, still? Haven’t we at least grown enough as a society to see how awful it is?

(Also me): HELL YEAH GOOD BOND GAME INCOMING

15 Likes

So, I wonder if this us Daniel Craig Bond, whatever Bond is after him, or a MAKE YOUR OWN BOND kind of situation.

1 Like

This is apparently a “Bond origin story,” for whatever that’s worth.

(Is this the moment where someone finally hires John Boyega to star in a video game? Please?)

3 Likes

George Weidman’s routine harping on Hitman’s Bond vibes finally paid off.

this owns

1 Like

Heh, I wonder if the rights to Sean Connery’s image was included in the 007 license deal from EA to whoever owns it now…

I’m so torn if I want this to be a cool single player only thing, but then I also want a modern rendition of death match in temple.

1 Like

Bond is about a bunch of different elements:

Cool gadgets, THE LADIES, action, cool cars, and terrible one liners.

The only thing I see IO interactive having issue with, like most Bond games do, is with the cars. Do you tack on a stupid car level between Hitman style missions, or cut it out completely like Goldeneye?

My preference would be to cut it completely, but I think I could stomach a perfunctory car mission in the style of the stealth missions from Insomniac’s Spider-Man game: short and lots of checkpoints.

1 Like

This being an origin story, I hope they go full blown G O O F Y with it like the old Bond films. Cold war, big underwater bases, lasers, all that garbage.

5 Likes

Technically if they’re following the Goldeneye model, they should eschew cars for mother-f’n tanks.

1 Like

They should make Bond bisexual, or bi for QUEEN AND COUNTRY, like it’s implied in Skyfall.

If I gotta seduce people in this game, let me seduce everyone.

8 Likes