'Iron Lung' Is a Terrifying Horror Game About Your Inevitable Demise

I am in a ship that is also an execution. It is called the Iron lung. And I am not alone in this empty blood ocean.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/epxyvk/iron-lung-is-a-terrifying-horror-game-about-your-inevitable-demise
1 Like

Reading this and hearing them talk about it on the podcast makes me wish they would do a stream of this game! I’d love to see it in action since I don’t have anything to play it on myself. It sounds super interesting and the atmosphere sounds perfect for a Spookin’ with Scoops or whatever the equivalent would be to Ren (sorry I’m not good at making up titles).

1 Like

I watched a long play of it, and I think it’s the kind of horror that just falls apart on stream. It’s a very in your head atmosphere kind of horror with almost no jump scares, so sitting there and talking through it would completely deflate the balloon.

2 Likes

That’s totally fair. As soon as I read your message and reflected on what Ren and Patrick said made this game so good, I know you’re right. It sounds like all atmosphere and spooky vibes game. It seems like a tension horror more so than a things scaring you type of horror. I can see a lot being lost when you’re not the one behind the controller/keyboard. Though I hope there is at least a deeper discussion about it because I’m incredibly intriqued by the game which is rare given I’m not a big horror fan.

Iron Lung sounds like you took all the scary parts of Subnautica and condensed it into a lofi package. I’ll have to check it out.

1 Like