It's Hard to Keep Returning to Video Game Apocalypses

Postscript is Cameron Kunzelman's weekly column about endings, apocalypses, deaths, bosses, and all sorts of other finalities.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/qvgj83/its-hard-to-keep-returning-to-video-game-apocalypses
8 Likes

Always looked forward to this column, even when, at times, my reaction was “why can’t Cameron just be happy?” Maybe that’s the decision you’re making now. Regardless, it always made me think about things I wouldn’t have otherwise. Appreciate it, and hope you find another angle that’s just as illuminating as this one was. Thank you!

3 Likes

I have really enjoyed reading Postscript, even if it often made me sad and have to stare into the middle distance for a few minutes after reading it. Hell, I did that just now after reading this one!

Figure I might as well share one of my favorites, the column on Parkitecht where Cameron goes into the loan system of the game, and how it might reflect real life just a touch too much.

Thank you Cameron for all of the wonderful writing and exposing me and others to a bunch of wonderful games along the way!

4 Likes

Wanted to also pile on and shout my praises for Postscript, which was frequently a tough, but excellent read. I’ve found a lot of new things from Cameron’s column (like the Book of the New Sun collection, which I’m incredibly excited to start), and it also turned me on to some of Cameron’s other projects, like Ranged Touch, which I also enjoy. Thanks a ton for your perspective, Cameron, and I can’t wait to see what you plan to tackle next!

4 Likes

Thanks for all the good words, Cameron. This has been a tremendous series.

1 Like