Join the Waypoint Songwriters' Club!

Hey y’all, just wanted to let you know about a new group started through the Waypoint community discord, the Waypoint Songwriters’ Club! It’s a discord server for songwriters to share ideas and chat. The core part of the group is the weekly song challenge, where each week a member proposes a theme for everybody to make some sort of composition based on that theme. It’s a great opportunity to push yourself creatively, but we don’t have any strict rules about missing deadlines or sticking to theme so everybody’s always welcome to come on in and partake in whichever themes they like, or even to just talk generally. To clarify, the Waypoint Discord Rules and Code of Conduct apply, but we do not have official Waypoint mod oversight. If you have any questions, feel free to pose them in the discord or here in the thread! Invite Link: https://discord.gg/pH4ttRK

OOOOo I am joining IMMEDIATELY!!!

Hey everyone! I help run the club and I just wanted to post a lil update here now that we’re into our 7th week of existence - it’s going great and we’ve got a healthy amount of participation in our song-a-week challenge.

We have some real quality musicians in the Waypoint community and the stuff that people have been sharing has been really cool and inspiring. It’s been very personally enriching to write and produce material every week and receive real, constructive feedback from people who genuinely want to help. And it’s super fun to listen to what everyone else has made at the end of the week.

If this sounds interesting to you, please join us - you can hop in or out at any time and you can be at any level of music making ability. The community is extremely supportive and welcoming, and we’d love to have you.