Katy Perry Just Dropped a New Pokémon-Themed Song Featuring Pikachu

Katy Perry's new song featuring Pikachu just dropped, for some reason, showing that the resurgent Pokémon craze is showing no signs of slowing down.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/v7edy3/katy-perry-just-dropped-a-new-pokemon-themed-song-featuring-pikachu

Deeply disappointed that Pikachu never got to sing along like Godzilla got to sing with Green Day back in 1998.

5 Likes

Was about to post “uh featuring pikachu? in the song?” and am now legitimately upset. (the Godzilla 1998 soundtrack slaps by the way. Jamiroquai, Green Day, Ben Folds 5, Puff Daddy???)

2 Likes

I keep slipping Come With Me into our playlist when my friends and I play Fortnite together and the Godzilla roar somehow always lands at just the right time.

2 Likes

pikachu rap bridge when

4 Likes

also the fact this entire music video for a song called ELECTRIC is themed around a woman playing an acoustic guitar and not having the emotional pay off of the video be her playing an electric guitar proves ART IS DEAD

22 Likes

Raichu got kinda screwed over when Pikachu became the mascot of Pokémon. Like, Pichu gets to be juvenile Pikachu but Raichu isn’t mature Pikachu. Raichu is at best the gruff Pikachu uncle. Hawaiian Katy Perry’s Pikachu is never going to evolve into a Raichu

Raichu gets no appreciation

4 Likes

A kind of anti-Electric Dylan moment, if you will.