Keanu Reeves Is in 'Cyberpunk 2077,' Which Now Has a Release Date

Witcher 3 developer CD Projekt Red premiered new footage from its upcoming Cyberpunk 2077 RPG at Microsoft’s E3 press conference on Sunday. It was a CGI trailer that ended with the protagonist on the junk heap and a familiar voice calling to him as he woke up. “Wake the fuck up Samurai,” said the voice. “We have a city to burn.” The camera panned up to reveal fucking Keanu Reeves.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/3k3jqv/keanu-reeves-is-in-cyberpunk-2077-which-now-has-a-release-date

Good lord, this has to be one of the ugliest and most boring covers I’ve seen yet. I hope this is only a placeholder.

2 Likes

It’s got Keanu, still doesn’t have respect for not-Cis people.

15 Likes

What, you weren’t nostalgic for “white guy with a gun looking solemnly off camera?” Circa 2012 /s

3 Likes

It truly is a blast from the past.

Keanu “Damage Control” Keanu going, “Cyberpuuuuuunk.” Was very good.

1 Like

Alright, I can’t be alone in thinking this writing is ridiculously cliché and boring

5 Likes

That bunch of clips after Keanu was much more interesting.

Now that Keanu Reeves is in this game, there better be a few hacker super genius dolphins too.

2 Likes

I love me some Keanu but for real, that game looks like shiny trash.

9 Likes

This new default male protagonist looks more generic than last year’s. The female protagonist was way more interesting.

3 Likes

Sooo, this is on the steam page:

Take the riskiest job of your life and go after a prototype implant that is the key to immortality.

I guess this is the plot?

4 Likes

Ah, great, fantastic. Exactly what I want from Cyberpunk; a power fantasy of LITERALLY killing your way to immortality. 10/10, love the use of the genre.

10 Likes

Immortality seems like such a given in a Cyberpunk dystopia.

Is it immortality through digitized consciousness? Immortality through cybernetic augmentation?

Either way it’s gonna be kinda blah.

1 Like

My guess is that it’s whatever Johnny Silverhand (Keanu) has got going on. Kind of like The Fin in Mona Lisa.

love to fill my hard drive for one calendar year with 140GB of preallocated space

4 Likes

There’s no way the pre-load is available now, right? That’s gotta be weird phrasing on his part.

Everything I’ve seen about Cyberpunk seems really edgy for a square like me. I mean he’s stabbing dudes with knives that come out of his hands and then they just go bloodsoaked back into his body? That’s just unsanitory. But then Keanu Reeves stepped in and “yeah, I guess I’m back”. Best moment of E3 so far. I doubt it’ll be topped.

1 Like

I was so hyped for this game when it was announced and literally everything they’ve done since then has dampened my enthusiasm in some way or another. The long gameplay reveal was shooty af with no other immersive mechanics, their handling of transphobic stuff has been super gross, and now this super edgy, profoundly unpleaseant trailer starring generic white guy. Going to pass on this one.

8 Likes

Just when you thought weed3 was over

this fucking guy enters the fray

3 Likes