Let's get a PC specs thread going!

Have you tried burning the update on a DVD and using that?

1 Like

I’ve seen nothing but good stuff about Ryzen. But even the cheapest chip is like $200, plus a $100 mobo and $160 RAM. HOO BOY.

1 Like

I’d need a working optical drive, been quite some time since I’ve owned one! Also it seems like the problem with the USB firmware update isn’t on the “reading from USB” end, the error it gives is that the UpdateController is not found. Which is a little worrisome, since it seems like the only way to fix the error with flashing the bios is by… flashing the bios.

1 Like

Yeah, DDR4 is on some nonsense. Hopefully will not be by the time I wanna upgrade.

1 Like

Fuckin weird. Can you not flash the BIOS from the BIOS itself? Usually if something goes awry, I just reinstall my OS and start over from there, lol

Intel® Core™ Processor i7-7700K 4.20GHZ
500GB WD Blue M.2 SATA-III 6.0Gb/s SSD
2TB WD Black SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz
GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB

My wife just bought this for us after saving money for 2.5 years, its getting here friday and I’m SO EXCITED! My current computer is a macbook pro from 2011 that’s still going strong but its started to show its age :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

i’m overdue on updates but i got

Win10 x64 on

amd fx-6300 6core @ 4.0ghz
16gb DDR3 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

1tb + 500gb HDD
256gb SSD (boot drive)

Audiobox USB input box
Shure SM-57
Sennheiser e835

logitech g500 (mouse)
logitech g930 (headphones + mic)
daskeyboard, 104key, older model

i generally can play stuff on 40-60fps at 1080p but some newer games struggle :frowning: so at some point i’m gonna need updates

My PC is one of the few things I throw money into:

Win10 x64
AMD FX-9590 8core @ 4.7ghz
32GB DDR3 RAM
NVidia Titan Z
120GB SSD (OS)
40GB SSD (old holdover)
2TB HDD
4TB HDD Hybrid w/8GB flash & 64MB cache

1 Like

Titan Z, holy FUCK

I’m hoping to update the GPU next, but I have a pretty solid “console-quality” performer.

Windows 10
i3 6100
8GB DDR4
Nvidia 960 GTX 4GB
256GB SSD
2TB HDD

All in a fun Mini-ITX form factor.

1 Like

I had a 960 2GB at one time. Then the 970, the performance jumped SIGNIFICANTLY. How’s that i3 treating you?

Asus Maximus VI Hero
Intel i7 4770k
16 GB RAM
EVGA Nvidia GTX 770
Too many SSDs and HDDs

Still chuggin’ along believe it or not.

1 Like

Feast your eyes on this beast of a video games machine.

4 Likes

I’d expect nothing less from an i7.

Holy shit, do Macs really associate with the year they were released?

PC #1:
FX-8320
16 GB RAM (not enough for the 400 chrome tabs I have open right now)
old-ass AMD Radeon 6850
a bunch of storage

PC #2, meant to replace the first:
Intel something-something i5 nice processor
16 GB RAM with room to upgrade to 32
ran out of budget, so…no video card yet
and also a used old hard drive because again, no budget

i’m bad at budgeting

1 Like

Yeah, once I figured out that my motherboard had a factory issue with the SATA ports it’s been going strong for about 4 years. Only upgrade I’ve ever needed was a larger SSD for my OS.

1 Like

Yes.

It’s a hilariously bad way to track and maintain a device.

If you want to do repairs or (limited) upgrade you need to know what year the model is.

I just went from 32 to 16GB of RAM because I really didn’t see any difference in gaming between 32 and 16. You must do memory intensive things, huh?

Let’s just say I had to download this scrollable tab list extension because Chrome was incapable of displaying them all normally.