Looking for PS4 Game Recommendations

Hi All,

First post on the forums and this may be a broad topic, but I’m feeling stuck with my current games roster and was hoping for something new. I mostly prefer large scale RPG games, but after lukewarm reviews for Vampyr I’m hoping that y’all can recommend a game I may have missed to spice up my library.

My favorite game is definitely Witcher 3 and I enjoy most of Bethesda’s products (and even Bioware’s less than stellar recent offerings), but I’ve run through them all. I’m currently considering the Dark Souls Remaster or maybe Dishonored 2. I’m looking mainly for a game big in scale with lots of customization options and preferably and RPG or at least with RPG elements.

Any recommendations would be appreciated or confirmation that I should just dive into Souls.

Thanks in advance!

I’m pretty sure you’ll like Dark Souls, but maybe you should also consider Divinity Original Sin. I really enjoyed it. I played it on PC so I can’t comment on the quality of the PS4 version but it is on sale for 75% off right now.

Hi, I’m here to tell you to play Yakuza

I should add a list of other games I’ve already played/own to make things easier:

• Ni No Kuni 2
  • Inquisition
  • Mass Effect
  • Skyrim
  • Fallout 4
  • Horizion
  • God of War
  • Persona 4
  • FF XV
  • Nier
  • Prey
  • Dragon’s Dogma
  • Destiny 2

Do you recommend 0 or the newer one (6 I believe)?

Yakuza 0 is a great starting point and will give you a little bit of context for things happening in the latter games.

People say Assassin’s Creed: Origins borrows a lot from Witcher 3. Could be worth looking into.

Speaking as a huge souls fan.

Honestly just get Bloodborne. It’s the best thing From Soft’s made, and that’s a hill I’m willing to die on.

In terms of having really well done side quests, totally. (I’m re-playing the gold edition at the moment on PC and wow is it gorgeous.) Systems-wise it’s not quite as deep…but honestly I think the combat is more enjoyable and you can be all stealthy if you’re into that sort of thing, which isn’t really an option in The Witcher, so there’s that. As long as you’re okay with not playing a “pure” RPG and with the main questline not being as engaging (the side content is where it’s at), it’s definitely worth a shot.

I mean, Persona 5 is pretty good (shitty politics aside), so if you like 4, you should probably check it out.

tbh I’ve only played 0 but I liked it a lot

You’ve gotten through a lot of the ones that come to mind, but Mad Max maybe? Plenty to do, gorgeous looking, decent amount of car customization, and solid combat. Otherwise AC: Black Flag is still my personal favorite AC game and the PS4 version looks quite good. Plenty of options when it comes to weapons/outfits and the naval stuff really makes that game shine. I’m sure Origins is excellent as well, haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Whoops. I actually meant P5.

Thanks all! Got some great suggestions. Now I just need to find the one to fill the void waiting for Cyberpunk.

I’d ditto the recommendation of AC Origins. The quests don’t have like branching outcomes that I remember, if that’s what you’re looking for, but I really liked that game.

Nioh is p good.

Nioh, Hitman, every Yakuza game. Dragon Quest Builders is also fun.

Also, its a bit out of your wheelhouse, but I definitely recommend Trackmania: Turbo. It’s a fantastic game, one to zone out and relax to.

The best games on the PS4 that are 100% exclusive to it are Bloodborne and Yakuza 6 so I’d start there.

. . . why has no one said Horizon: Zero Dawn

I just started another playthrough of that game this morning and goddamn is it a fun, good, gorgeous to look at game

I was also going to suggest Horizon, although if interested in A.C origins play that first. I’m longing for Horizion combat and bow sliding whenever play Origins