MachineGames Making an Original Indiana Jones Games

MachineGames is Making an Indiana Jones Game With an Original Story

There’s an extremely brief nothing of a teaser in the article that was tweeted out by Bethesda. I really hope that MachineGames doesn’t have horrifying labor practices or something else going on, because at the moment I very much appreciate their dedication to nazi eradication.

2 Likes

I really want them to finish the New Order pseudo-trilogy but I appreciate their dedication to the brand. I hope Bethesda’s acquisition by Microsoft doesn’t sand any of the edges off of the MachineGames marketing. Having E3 presenters saying “F*** Nazis” is the kind of thing E3 should do a lot more often.

2 Likes

Licensed games are back and all our old favorite gaming franchises are being sacrificed on mammon’s alter to resurrect them, baybee! Hell yeah! :sunglasses:

11 Likes

I wonder how they’ll handle the stuff that isn’t punching Nazis, though. I think Uncharted 4 and Shadow of the Tomb Raider show that there’s certain limitations to this genre and I wonder how MachineGames is going to address that

2 Likes

I’d play the Reverse Indiana Jones game about stealing artifacts from museums and returning them to where they came from.

4 Likes

People smarter than me have analyzed the brief teaser and it appears to be a map of the Vatican so… as a lapsed catholic fuck my shit all the way up.

4 Likes

While it makes sense to assume it would be that kind of game I really hope that it isn’t. Like, some kind of hybrid of Fallout with MachineGames gunplay would be preferable to me. Give me a limited open world Indiana Jones FPSRPG hybrid over Uncharted: Also-ran 32 or whatever.

2 Likes

Screenshot 2021-01-12 at 12.29.14 PM
Checks out

3 Likes

It does seem like a good idea to avoid the existential horror of an Indy game getting called an “Uncharted clone,” for sure

1 Like

Colonial loot fantasy aside, I wonder what the odds are of a) Harrison Ford VA’s for a video game, b) VA imitates Ford c) We get a New Character in the Indiana Cinematic Universe? I wouldn’t want to be the producer juggling those particular snakes.

It’s gonna be Troy Baker and we’re all gonna like it because that’s what our options are now lol

5 Likes

I’d be surprised if it’s a different character because at that point why even make an Indiana Jones game? It’s not like there are a ton of side characters to get attached to.

Look, just let me yank a gun from a nazi’s hands with a whip, and then let me shoot them with it. You’re already at 7/10 right there.

1 Like

Surprisingly, I don’t believe that any of the Wolfenstein games have either Troy or Nolan. Machinegames has done shockingly well in their voice casting.

2 Likes

Good LORD, I hope not. I’m so damn sick of hearing Baker’s voice, AND I’m kinda tired of him generally!

2 Likes

So Nolan North imitating Nathan Drake imitating Harrison Ford is out?

3 Likes

One of these days, someone’s going to hire John Boyega to do a video game and it’s going to rule.

7 Likes

Wait I’ve got it.

Credits

Executive Producer - Todd Howard

Indiana Jones - Todd Howard

6 Likes

This is an Indiana Jones game so hopefully they just reuse the Richard Spencer being punched out ad spot from New Colossus. :smiley:

What’s Shia LaBeouf been up to lately?

I do hope this is more along the lines of Rise of the Tomb Raider than Uncharted. Also please please please please be a game that has good use of vertical space.

1 Like

… being outed as an abusive partner (big content warning for sexual and emotional abuse in that linked article)

5 Likes

I really hope that they’re spinning up a new team for this, and leaving the original team on Wolf 3. Youngblood wrote a pretty big check with its ending, and I’m dying to see them cash it.

2 Likes