Michael Brooks Has Passed Away

I’m still unsure of how to feel. I won’t say he got me into leftist politics, but his voice was elevated about numerous others. This is tragic…

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about this. Not too familiar with him outside of name recognition and a general familiarity with left figures in the US but he came across as a genuine and sincere believer in leftist politics and a nice dude from what I did see. Thoughts are with his family.

1 Like

Sam Seder really shapes my views on domestic politics, but Michael Brooks really enlightened me on the politics outside of the us, especially in South America. His ability to inject humor into his analysis was such a amazing way to make a topic I was woefully uninformed about accessible. RIP to a true comrade.

1 Like

Yea, I’ve saw so many people from across the globe saying that they knew if something kicked off in their country that Brooks would be covering it. Between that and the diversity of tendencies that are coming out to praise him and share positive stories about him is a testament to how well-loved and appreciated he was across the left and beyond.

This is a tragedy.

2 Likes