Microsoft @ E3 2018 Official Discussion Thread

Welcome to the Waypoint Forum’s discussion of E3 2018. This is the official thread for talk about the Microsoft press conference and the games discussed and announced during that press conference. It can also contain discussion of further coverage of those games or companies that appears in later days. We want to contain overlap and multiple threads so please contain all discussion of Microsoft to this thread.
Thank you.

Link to conference stream: www.twitch.tv/xbox

Schedule of all conferences:

feels weird that they might announce Halo 6 while the MCC is still, apparently, fucked

Nice header image.

Is… is that Usher?

… it might be.

Happy Easter Xbox

So MS love their executives in a t-shirt thing. Guesses on any portentous or ill-judged choices this year?

I’m not going to guess on any remake or retro brand stuff but will give a very outside chance to the most ill-judged of picks and say just maybe an executive will take the stage with a Game Workers Unite logo under their blazer (which will not be mentioned in the actual conference - it’s an “easter egg”).

Happy E3 Xbox!!

Is Microsoft going to be the conference where they will talk more about Fallout or is that Bethesda, I am asking because my partner will be at work and needs me to text him all sorts of relevant info.

This is it folks. I have a feeling I’ll be announced at this conference. Please… Please announce me. I need it so bad.

When you enter the “publish on” time but don’t get the timezone right.

https://square-enix-games.com/en_US/news/nier-automata-for-the-xbox-has-arrived

So that’s presumably part of the conference (Edit: maybe it was meant for the Squidix conference now they do their own but I kinda expect MS to at least mention it after the game was so talked about last year). I wonder if we’ll get a whole carousel of games that previously were on PS4 and PC (ie they already built the dang optimised DirectX variant of these games but didn’t think there was money in doing the rest of the work for the XB1 port). Seems like a few of those would be available from the stellar recent catalogue that possibly had 1 year exclusivity written into a co-marketing deal with Sony.

That’s Bethesda later tonight/evening 8:30pm CST/9:30 EST

You can call it comedy poison, but I am legit looking forward to more Gears

So how’s everyone watching this? The official livestream or a media outlet’s live commentary stream?

I do both so I can still see things I care about in a large window. I don’t want to miss whatever shadows die twice is

Yeah, that’s what I did with Easy Allies for EA :slight_smile:

GB

It’s a LOCKDOWN baybee

Giant Bomb stream