Name for a Plant! In need of one ASAP

So, after talking about wanting to try growing a lemon tree indoors on a family zoom call last week, I just got an email informing me that I’ll be getting a package from “fast growing trees” either tomorrow or the day after.

Obviously, learning how to take care of a potential lemon tree will be an ordeal of its own, but I have a bigger issue.

One of the things I’ve learned from gradeners I know, you gotta name your plants. I’ve thought of names for like a future cat, but not for a lemon tree. I don’t know if naming a plant is much different, but it feels different, you know?

I simply havent the energy to think of the perfect name, but just now, it dawned on me, I can crowd source a name

What should I name this lemon tree?

3 Likes

I would make the reference joke by calling it Mike Meyers. If I wanted to go a step further, I would call it Austin Sours International Lemon of Mystery

4 Likes

Peter Freudenthaler

leafs fruitsman

3 Likes

Thank you for your service Hideo Kojima

cactus

3 Likes

So this is a good idea, but I’m not naming a tree Michael, and I a never watched Austin Powers, so this is telling me is to name my tree Shrek

2 Likes

Full name: Lem O. Nader (“Lem” for short)

and you can decide what the “O” stands for

2 Likes

Trent the treant

Fangorn, like the Ent

naming the tree as if a treefolk feels very ambitious for someone whose gardening resume consists of very slowly killing a basil plant one summer.

(for the record, these are all great names)

1 Like

CW: Alcohol

3 Likes

Harold (Bob)

15 characters

1 Like

naming my tree 15 characters

1 Like

Lemony Thicket

#daaaaaaad

7 Likes

Phillis

I don’t know, sounds like a good plant name.

3 Likes

Robert. Robert Plant.

2 Likes

Everyone
Meet Luigi

15 Likes

Luigi is a perfect plant name. It’s green, it’s helpful, and cleans the air. :clap:

2 Likes

The Year of Luigi is back

3 Likes