Nazi Punks Fuck Off! A Punk Music Thread

I’m pretty stoked for this new Primal Rite album.

I probably wouldn’t have scoped them out if it weren’t for the new America’s Hardcore comp making me aware of some of the active hardcore bands.

Probably one of my favorite bands period just dropped a teaser for their upcoming album & folks y’all are missing out if you aren’t paying attention to Skating Polly.

This week I fell pretty hard into this London based punk label and distro called La Vida Es Un Mus. They have most of their releases on Bandcamp and there is some awesome stuff on there.

What I really like about this label is that they put out some releases from bands from all over the world and go out of their way to promote artists from underrepresented backgrounds. The band bios on their bandcamp are also well written and informative. Here are some of my favorites after a week of obsessively listening to as many records as I could.

Sial - a band form Singapore that sings in the language of Singapore’s indigenous minority

Rixe - a contemporary French Oi! band where every song is an anthem

Haram - a band from New York that sings entirely in Arabic

Exotica - also from New York with members form Mexico and Argentina

They also put out the latest album from Limp Wrist! Did anyone else know that Limp Wrist put out a new record this year? Cuz I certainly missed it. It’s very good and has a house track at the end.

I also started reading the Bandcamp Daily articles, they are really good and totally worth a read. Like this article on Southeast Asian screamo or this one about The Women of Latin American Electronic Music. Bandcamp is really getting to be fucking rad nowadays and I’m going to start paying more attention to it than the other subscription based streaming stuff that’s available.

Yo this is rad! Thanks for posting this!

A love song for the ages <3

Holy shit I haven’t heard this in over a decade, easily.

I can’t stop listening this album:

Came out last year. I don’t even remember how I heard about it, but it’s been my jam for a while.

DIY pop punk from some queer, black, atheist kids. More of stuff like this in my life please!

I think my first real punk band (or at least punk adjacent) that I listened to was Big Black. I don’t remember how I discovered them. I don’t even really remember where the origins of my interest in punk music really began. I started to get interested in punk music when I was at the University of Texas at Austin.

japanese punk rules

The Stalin - Stop Jap

G.I.S.M. - Nih Nightmare

Bastard - Wind of Pain

Swankys - Bad Brain

Romantic Gorilla - Hanage