New 'Fortnight' Battle Royale Mode Misses What Makes the Game Great

What this early access survival game needs is a shorter burst PVE mode, not to chase the 'PUBG' gold rush.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/j5g5a3/new-fortnight-battle-royale-mode-misses-what-makes-the-game-great

I’m just happy it’s a Battle Royale game for consoles. It may not be perfect, but it’s something I really want right now.

My understanding is that they currently have separate divisions in their studio working on the PvE and PvP portions of the game. I’ve also heard that the latter team has been way more communicative of updates and progress than the former has.

Gonna go against the article and say that this situation of a developer using all the visual assets and mechanics they’ve already built, and reworking them to make an alternate mode going after what is currently a really popular game type, seems like a perfectly sensible move.

Making more PvE content is a lot bigger of an investment for them than setting up this Battle Royale mode, and the people who flock towards it for a F2P version of that for consoles will likely also try the PvE mode as well. It’s a win-win scenario for the game and I’m not quite seeing where the doom-and-gloom is coming from.