13:13 - King’s Bounty II
14:10 - Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
14:47 - ARMS
15:24 - BRAVELY DEFAULT II
19:42 - Clubhouse Games: 51 Worldwide Classics
21:33 - Ninjala
22:47 - Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy
23:14 - Panzer Dragoon: Remake
23:40 - What’s Coming to Nintendo Switch? (Montage features: Trials of Mana, Fuser, TES: Blades, Warhammer 40k: Mechanicus, Vigor, Burnout Paradise, Saints Row 4, Trails of Cold Steel 3, Mr. Driller DrillLand, Minecraft Dungeons)
25:15 - Pokémon Sword Expansion Pass and Pokémon Shield Expansion Pass

3 Likes

I have like, a billion Pokebucks. It’s high time I get into some Pokemon fashion. I’m honestly just glad they don’t make all those shirts in real life because I would be broke and out of closet space.

Wait… was this previously announced?!

As far as I know, no? Surprised me!

1 Like

Xenoblade in May! (Assuming corona… doesn’t fuck everything up?)

Xenoblade… in… probably more like July? Honestly I thought it was a December game. I’m very excited.

I would definitely be careful about buying XCOM 2 for the Switch. The game still has performance issues on all platforms still to my knowledge and even on PC it can take some dips on a decent card. Really hope it’s a good port but I’m going to remain skeptical.

Edit: folks on the XCOM subreddit are extra skeptical because apparently XCOM2’s biggest bottleneck is CPU

4 Likes

So…

Arms, huh

2 Likes

I don’t even play arms but I though Twintelle in smash was a no brainer for a while. (Which means Nintendo probably isn’t going to do it)

1 Like

ARMS is good, and I will defend its honor in glorious combat

Please, PLEASE let the new fighter be Barq & Byte
290px-Byte&Barq

1 Like

I’m just happy Ring Fit Adventure will give me yet another reason to dance like a fool to “Jump Up Super Star”

5 Likes

ARMS is excellent! My hope is that you’ll be able to play as all the characters as reskins. Their move sets are all so similar so it could probably work.

2 Likes

Not mad about an ARMS fighter, it makes sense. I was hoping the Ring Fit character would be the new Nintendo IP character (though there are still 5 more coming, so maybe!). Or Meowth! I want Meowth!

Definitely more excited for rhythm mode in RFA than anything, but oooh, I loved Panzer Dragoon.

Is Panzer Dragoon worth my money immediately or is the Control DLC more worth it? Such tough decisions!

Hell yeah.

We went ~75 characters with no real Dhalsim archetype. The Belmonts are sort of close, but they’re mostly projectile based. If Armsperson has a long range jab or grab special, I think it could be a really unique character. Even though I didn’t really like the game I was still hoping a rep would make it onto the original roster. There is so much potential for a great moveset.

Along the same lines, apparently the physical release of the Bioshock collection only fits the opening acts on the cartridge, so regardless of how you get it, it’s going to take up a ton of real estate on your switch.

1 Like

Supposedly the Switch port of XCOM 2 is being done by a different company than the one that did the other console ports, so there’s at least a possibility that it’s a playable port. Waiting for reviews is not a terrible idea, though.

As for Xenoblade… How do we feel about that game? I have this endless struggle with JRPGs where I feel like I ought to like them but I almost always find them boring and tedious in practice. Like the only Final Fantasy I finished is, for whatever reason, the DS remake of FF3. I bounced off FF4, 6, and 8 around the midway point of the 4 & 6 and, like, basically before even the end of the first chapter of 8. Is Xenoblade any different or is it just yet another JRPG?

2 Likes

Bounced hard off the 3DS version. It has MMO-style combat which I didn’t find terribly engaging and I couldn’t give it the requisite hours necessary to find the plot interesting. I think I feel similarly about JRPGs but there are those that click with me and this one just felt like it was massive for the sake of being massive and nothing really compelled me to keep going.

1 Like

I adore Xenoblade Chronicles and I think it is fantastic. I would highly recommend it with the condition that you have to play until your get to the open field on Bionis Thigh (15 hours?). If you’re unwilling to wait 15 hours for a game to be good though I completely understand.

2 Likes

Catherine: Full Body still unfortunately a thing somehow. I don’t remember if Chronicles is the one that give you a mech, but if it is, it’s a maybe purchase. But I could also just bite the bullet and buy DxM. They’ll probably cost the same, and DxM plays like weird Liberation Maiden, so I could learn to love it more than I did when I checked it out from the library.

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is probably one of the things I’m most interested in tho. I think the only installment I ever played was Oorta, which was very cool but I was also very bad at it. If this is a little more forgiving, I’ll probably pick it up. I really liked the world in that game, and the gameplay was kind of fun. I’m very :eyes: about the refocus on ARMS tho. I really loved the demo, but it didn’t seem like there was a “real” story mode for it, which is what cost it my interest, since I like story modes in fighting games even if they’re bad. This is mostly because I’m bad at fighting games and don’t want to play against other people, since losing in that genre feels worse than losing in anything else. Probably why I haven’t touched Smash since I got it, since World of Light was a disappointment for me, and there doesn’t seem to be much else outside of online play than that.

1 Like

This Xenoblade is not the one with mechs. That would be Xenoblade Chronicles X, which is currently only on the Wii U. I would love for XCX to get ported next. That game did some interesting things with asynchronous multiplayer which would work a lot better on a console with a good population of players.

Anyway, ARMS is cool! I heard ranked online is populated again so I should jump on that this weekend.

edit just because it’s not really worth a new post for this topic: I played 5 matches of ranked ARMS online! I won most of them!

2 Likes