Nintendo Switch Parental App

Hey forum friends, I’m curious if anyone’s had much experience with the Nintendo Switch’s parental restrictions app? The features all sound good, and everyone praised what was on paper, but I don’t think I’ve heard much chatter about how it actually works in practice.

I’m not asking because I have a child, rather I am the child I want to manage. When I get a Switch I intend to set general limits on my usage, in an attempt to manage how much games I play. Hopefully making it a more responsible choice overall, and not something I end up playing in bed late every night.

I’d just like to know if the implementation is smooth or clunky, and how easy it is to adjust the amount of time allowed.

Cheers to anyone who can help!

I downloaded the app when I first got the Switch because I read you could track your game playing time with it instead of just curbing play time. But… I never got around to setting it up and the Switch ended up giving me a general time counter in my profile anyway so it kind of worked out.
Anyway, this is all to say the app looked cool but I don’t have any real experience with it yet. That’s a pretty good idea you have though! Setting a timer might be good for me too.

It’s super slick, from what I remember. I originally installed it for the same reason as Celadon, to track my play time, but it wasn’t doing exactly what I wanted in that regard so I uninstalled it.

However, I did mess around with the actual restriction stuff for the sake of science, and yeah, it works extremely well. I don’t remember all of the details about how the time restrictions work exactly, but what I do remember is it updating the console almost immediately.

So, totally give it a shot.

Thanks! Turns out Switches went out of stock around me :stuck_out_tongue: But when I do pick one up I’ll report back about how it goes.