Not technically Waypoint, but I'm not sure what to do with this

So I was reading a a thing on Noisey just now, and there was a bit of text that was vibrating as I read. It’s right below an embedded tweet.

Gif of text vibrating

On my screen the vibration was much more intense, though it didn’t totally show up in the gif.

Anyway, I know this was a noisey thing, not a Waypoint thing, but this was the only way I know to get in touch with Vice tech people, and I figured it was something worth letting yall know about. :woman_shrugging: :v:

edit: oh and for what it’s worth, I was reading in Chrome. Don’t know if that makes a difference.

Doesn’t do that in my Chrome. Do you have any extensions that can affect that?

Super weird. I wasn’t able to recreate the issue either, but I shared it with the rest of the team so they can take a closer look.

That might be it? I totally forgot that I have an adblocker on chrome to be honest because I whitelist most sites – including waypoint – but it may still be blocking stuff on Noisey, i’m not sure. It’s called DIsconnect. That’s the only extension I use, but it’d make sense that maybe it’s trying to load some ad and not getting through, thus vibrating text? that’s my lay-person guess, in which case seems like it is out of your hands haha.

I’m using ublock origin and momentarily disabled whitelisting of Vice and didn’t see it, could be something yours isn’t catching though.

Open that page in Incognito window (right click on a link, third option). In that mode, Chrome should ignore most if not all extensions. Or you can manually temporarily turn off any extension (right click on any extension icon in the top right of Chrome → Manage extension). Uncheck the one you suspicious about (or all of them, just for the test), then reload the page and see if flickering is still there.