Opus Magnum solution gifs (spoiler heavy)

I’ll take any excuse to share this monstrosity.

Thanks, that was just the push I needed. And in typical Zachtronics game fashion, as soon as I finish a puzzle I was stuck on for over a week, I somehow manage to blow through the next 4 or 5 puzzles with very little trouble. Brains are weird.

I find myself getting fixated on the same type of solutions for every puzzle. I have to take breaks from the game for a while then come back fresh at an old puzzle to tackle it with a different goal and mindset.

I’ve gone back to a couple of streamers to watch videos they’ve made of their 4-6 ways of approaching the same early game puzzle to help expand my mental toolkit. The “Make a GIF” button is a killer feature. It’s so satisfying sharing quick gifs back and forth with friends that are playing to show off solutions that feel good.

I think I had a quite easy time with this one. I don’t remember this one really standing out as being difficult. I suppose I was fortunate. This one actually makes me quite happy because it didn’t turn into a huge mess like my attempts usually do.
https://imgur.com/a/Ix9Gb The last one is my favorite.

any of you tried the new journal with the quintessence glyph? it’s really cool

I love this game a lot. It’s fighting it out with Shenzhen as my favorite Zachtronic’s game, which is saying something because I adored that game*.

This is probably my favorite solution I’ve made. I love the symmetry. My only regret is that I needed to break symmetry slightly by delaying the arm applying the final salt to the molecule on top because the salt collide if you pass them over the central glyph at the same time.

I also like this one quite a bit, although not nearly as much as the Invisible Ink solution.

*Shenzhen I/O is extremely good, although probably not as approachable Opus Magnum. It’s a game about being a engineer designing circuits to control various cheap electronics (“haunted” dolls, color changing vape pens, fake security cameras etc). The manual is a 30 page PDF made to look like a collection of reference materials, documentation on how to program the microcontrollers used in the game, datasheets for various components etc. It starts by stating that to get the best experience you should print out the manual and put it into a 3 ring binder with dividers and everything. This actually works phenomenally well, the way the manual builds verisimilitude while teaching you to play makes it easily the best manual in any game I’ve played and I had a lot of fun just reading datasheets for made up electronics.

This is obviously a game where being the sort of huge dork who enjoys reading documentation for imaginary equipment helps, but it’s also just an extremely good puzzle game. It also left me feeling surprisingly prepared when I wound up having to do some stuff with Arduinos for work since I already had some experience programming microcontrollers.

Took me forever to figure this one out, but got it working with only 60G cost… ouch my brain hurts lol.

Dang, that’s a bazillion times more efficient and compact than what I ended up with. Mine took up most of the screen (there was a lot of empty space, but it needed to be spread out in order to rotate big pieces).

just getting started but im legit proud of this one – cuz it beat everyone on my friends list in all categories :slight_smile:

Also: I’m mo_swordz on steam add me I want opus magnum friends

If I can remember to do so when I get home from work, I will do just that.

I’m roughneckgeek on Steam. Feel free to friend me up, though free time lately has been gobbled up so I’m still somewhere in chapter 2.

Invite sent!

And I tried to send an invite to you too @RNG, but I couldn’t seem to find you in the user search. Maybe it’s a privacy settings thing.

Well, this sent me down a little rabbit hole. I only show up if you search for RNG instead of my Steam ID. There are multiples so to make it easier, here’s my profile.

Invite sent! :smile:

I love this game. I like building more for aesthetics than for price for cycles. This one is my favorite; it makes me think of a heartbeat.

That’s beautiful!

so I’m brand new to this, both the forum and opus magnum, but i love the game and, for fun, i created a machine that only used one arm
This was my first attempt

And then i decided to improve it

Sorry for the external links, the files were too big.
The puzzle is hair product

Got this for hair product, it’s not even slightly efficient but it’s beautiful.

I finally got to* the bonus campaign and BOY these are tricky. Or more accurately than “these”, “this first one” is tricky, because I played it for like an hour and a half and haven’t yet figured it out. It’s deceptive because it seems like it would be super straightforward until you realize that you’re like one space short from the simple solution.

* I think these bonus levels are open from the start, so you don’t have to “get to” them, but I wanted to finish the other levels before attempting this new set.