OST or not OST, what is your favourite?

Same! I’ve often thought that video game soundtracks lost a sense of character when the old hardware restraints were lifted, and it was no longer a case of composers creating these uniquely “simulated”-sounding compositions, but Nier: Automata’s had exactly that character to it that you might associate with those sprawling old JRPGs.

(Seconded on Night in the Woods, too, I used to come to stop in the room where this track plays so much https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixEp_NIprvg … edit bc oh man and also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2vRxCeiwN4)

I really love the OST of Chibi Maruko Chan.
when I was 10 years old in my hometown: Jakarta, Indonesia, the TV shows oftenly streamed this cartoon in every Sunday morning. it was fun & cute.

When I adult as now, I as an electronic musician, tried to remix the OST.

oh we doing anime osts now?

I’ll always have to go with the OST for Chrono Cross. Hilariously enough, I never played the game. I just found it in a pile of cds when I first moved in to my new house way back in 2006 as a kid.

The reason that I got into OSTs for gaming was because of chrono cross, and the reason I got into chrono cross was because it had no lyrics. Living in a christian household meant I was made to feel bad about liking any more edgy music and as a result in order to not piss off my parents I found music with no words in it that they couldn’t possibly criticize. (Humorously enough, my mom still would find things about it to criticize claiming my OST was trancey music that sounded like it was made to have subliminal messages or hypnotize me)

The OSTs I keep in regular rotation include:

Gitaroo Man
Shadow of the Colossus
Jet Set Radio
Final Fantasy XI
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

and, of course, Sonic Adventure 2 when I gotta go fast baby. I also agree with the above that the Ape Escape OST was amazing. Front to back bangers.

ROLLIN AROUND AT THE SPEED OF SOUND

got places to go gotta FOLLOW MY RAIN BOW

Sonic 06, Sonic Riders + Zero Gravity, Sonic unleashed, ALL super underrated OSTs

you know I never say no to some melancholy bluegrass (Kentucky route zero)