Our Favorite Games of 2018: Cameron Kunzelman's Top Ten

Every week, Cameron Kunzelman writes Waypoint's 'Postscript' column, an exploration of endings, apocalypses, deaths, bosses, and all sorts of other finalities throughout video games. It only made sense to ask him to contribute a top 10 list during our end of year celebration. Enjoy!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/bje454/our-favorite-games-of-2018-cameron-kunzelmans-top-ten

Just when I had figured out all the 2018 games I wanted to check out, Cameron comes in like a wrecking ball.

Ni no Kuni II I had written off as a sequel to game that I never got far in, and do really have time for a jRPG in my life? Well, it seems like it treads enough varied ground in mechanics that I like that I should take the time.

And The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved The World sounds just like the sort of game I dig these days. I’m definitely onboard for short quirky visual novels with something to say.

(PSA: The Pizza Delivery Boy Who Saved The World is available on itch.io and comes with a steam key, for those so inclined)