Our Favorite Games of 2018: 'Sea of Thieves'

Welcome to Waypoint's End of Year celebration! This year, we're digging deep into our favorite games with dedicated podcasts, interviewing each other about our personal top 10 lists, and reflecting on the year with essays from the staff and some of our favorite freelance contributors. Check out the entire package right here!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/bjekm5/our-favorite-games-of-2018-sea-of-thieves

This episode is great – I am less than ten minutes in, but while I know other game websites are dropping their game of the year stuff, do make time for this – between Danika Harrod being back to guest and Rob Zacny bringing a payload of boat puns, this isn’t one to skip over.

You could have said “boatload of puns”, but you didn’t, and that says a lot about a person.

“I expected to disapprove of the kind of folderol you can get up to in the Sea of Thieves.”

Not gonna lie I am 100% in for Commodore Rob Zacny and Aubrey-Maturin discussion. 300% even.

Im really glad that I’m not the only one who thought @2Mello awesome intro/outro sounds like it was an unused Persona track that was just recently discovered over on The Cutting Room Floor.

This was such a refreshing take to listen to about Sea of Thieves after hearing many other outlets crap on it so much. I’m glad the game left such a strong impression on you all. It really does seem like something special in the right context.

I honestly don’t care a lot about Sea of Thieves. But I do miss Danika a lot so…

clicks play