Oy, introduce yourself!

I’m Angie, 29 from Michigan. I’m typically enzeraika or jetpackprincess on social media or game systems. I tend to play a lot of RPGs and horror games though I love more laid back games like Animal Crossing as well. I used to post a lot on Livejournal groups way back and a few random forums here there. It’s been a while since I’ve been a part of a community like this, I’m looking forward to what’s to come.

If you enjoy archive dives:

Hey folks, I’m astarr_games on twitter, astarr#2634 on discord, I use him/he pronouns.

I play a lot of Dota2, but I’m trying to focus on single player experiences and really enjoyed Wolfenstein, Stellaris, Battletech and Night in the Woods recently. I plan on looking for groups for some cooperative play, whether it’s something on Tabletop Simulator, any really good isometric RPG, and MechWarrior 5 when it comes out.

1 Like

Hey hey, Stuart here. Got here by listening to FATT. I spend way more time reading/listening to content about games than I do actually playing. Not usually a huge forum guy so pardon any bm. Fuck capitalism, go home.

1 Like

Heya! Jane here. Longtime Waypoint Radio listener, and forum lurker from The Philippines! Finally just decided to make an account and introduce myself!

I mostly play a lot of FFXIV (feel free to hmu on Leviathan, my player name is Mayael Anima) but I generally love RPGS, souls-like games, and maybe put in way too much hours playing Stardew Valley on my switch. Nice to meet y’all!

1 Like

Greetings! Very happy to be among like-minded folks who know what’s up.

1 Like

Hello! Capybard (he/him) here.

I’ve been listening to Waypoint Radio for a long time, along with other gaming podcasts like Watch Out for Fireballs, Retronauts, Three Moves Ahead and Cane and Rinse. It’s been a while since I’ve actually joined a forum/discord though so I thought I’d stop just lurking and join in.

Been playing games all my life, and I’m particularly fond of cRPGs like the Infinity Engine games, immersive sims like Deus Ex and Dishonored, the Soulsborne games, Zelda and the Doom WAD scene (and lots of other stuff, too). I also play FFXIV and thought I’d try to join the Waypoint Free Company since it’s apparently based on my server, Cactuar.

Hoping to make some new friends :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m MasterLeaf, @masterleaf on Twitter. He/him, 29 Chicagoan. Hispanic/ Pacific Islander so I get to get chin deep and check mark all those questionnaires and interviews and censuses. Got here by listening to Waypoint Radio for a few years, adjacent to the community vis Polygon and being a mod on a fan discord, and need to find the fellow FFXIV/Destiny players here!

1 Like

Hi, my name is Marcelo, I’m a UI Designer qfrom Brazil, I’m 28 years old.

I can’t really remember when and how I got to know Waypoint, but since the first time listening to the podcast I was hooked.The Lore Reasons series(?) are my favorite.

I like pretty much any kind of video game really , but if I had to choose I would probably pick RPG’s. I’m currently playing Divinity Original Sin 2, and from time to time I go back to FFXIV( something about those numbers going up man).

My Twitter handle is @mrdcjr .

Br nessa porra, pnc do Bolsonaro :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Hi,

I’m Ciaran. I’m a software engineer from London. I’m 29.

I’ve been following Austin’s work for a long time, and he brought me to waypoint. Been listening, reading & watching since the launch of the site.

I do most of my gaming on the PC, and am missing some of the community I used to find in online games. Hoping to meet some like minded friends (: .

You can hit me up on twitter @ciaran128, where you’ll find tech stuff, Arsenal (soccer) and photos of my dog.

1 Like

What’s up my fellow game enthusiast?
I am the latest addition to this community.

1 Like

Been floating around here a while now but not hit this thread yet. I’ve been reading Waypoint and listening to the podcast pretty much since the beginning. I always felt this place best reflected how I feel about games. A brand new decade is less than a month away and as each one passes I feel like I become less social. I’m attempting to shake that up a bit.
I play PS4 a bit and Switch constantly. Pokemon for me is less a game and more a lifestyle.
I’m @OnionBugXD on Twitter if anyone prefers interaction there.

3 Likes

Azure here, I’ve been listening to Waypoint since the beginning, following Austin’s move from Giant Bomb. Figure it’s high time to give the forums a shot, so here I am.

2 Likes

Hi all! I’m Karlis, originally from Latvia, now studying at university in London. Been a listener since way back—namely, that Mario Maker stream with Austin offering Patrick the job, and then when Danielle moved from Idle Thumbs to do Idle Weekend with Rob, over to Waypoint after that. Feeling very down after the UK elections and heard someone mention a #dishcourse channel on the Discord, so thought I’d finally give this a shot.

3 Likes

Hey there! My name’s Julian, but you can call me Jules if you like. I’m 23 and from Oklahoma, not the most flashy place to live or anything, but the rent is cheap and it’s got family. Overall I’m a pretty shy person and posting online usually gives me the worst anxiety, so hopefully hanging around here helps me open up a little and find my voice. I actually came through the forum from hearing in one of the recent pods about the Discord and got pretty excited about the recipe channel, I thought I’d check it out and see what was what. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m snark_nerd. I’m a 30-something cis dad living in New York. I don’t have much time to actually play games, but I love my Switch and am currently giving Stadia a try, and I mostly prefer open world action RPGs. Basically Breath of the Wild was my best gaming experience ever and I’m forever chasing that dragon. I love to keep up on The Discourse on Twitter and by listening to Waypoint and a few other decent games podcasts. Cheers all!

4 Likes

Hey folks. Gaming wise, one weird thing is that I’ve been using game streaming as my primary “console” since 2016. I’ve used a number of services, all the way back to Onlive, but I’ve found Shadow to be the best. I played and beat sekiro as well as all the dark souls games for the first time through it. Also an unrepentant fan of The Ubisoft Open World Game.

Otherwise, I’m a Chicago based he/they person. I work a boring job and have been noncomittally
doing shows in the city’s comedy scene for five years. Been listening to waypoint radio since the beginning. Cheers! Fuck capitalism.

1 Like

Hello, I am a 29 year old Waypoint follower from day one living in the Netherlands! Big fan of immersive sims, tactical games, fighting games, anything you can do some deep dives into. Outer Wilds is my jam.

1 Like

Greetings! I’m Lydia, I’ve been listening to Waypoint Radio for the better part of a year. I’ve been big into FFXIV this year, but I’ve not had much of a chance to play much of anything else lately. I’m not the best at remembering things like “forums are a thing that exist,” but I hope to at least hang around a bit!

1 Like

Hi all, my name is Jen. I’m a longtime listener but I finally registered in search of this chocolate bread recipe :joy:

3 Likes