Oy, introduce yourself!

Hi, I’m Jack!

I got here through Rob Zacny’s Formula 1 podcast with Drew Scanlon and Danny O’Dweyer! Love Waypoint, proud Waypoint+ Day 1 subscriber. Excited to join this virtual space. By day I lead adult education workshops. Austin and Cameron Kunzleman taught me that games could be an academic topic. Looking to poke around and hear further interesting discussions.

He/him pronouns.

1 Like

Hi all!

I’m Sam (he/him) from the UK :slight_smile: Finally joined the forum after following Patrick and Austin for years since they both were at Giantbomb, and also Rob Zacny on his F1 podcast. Listened to Waypoint radio for years now and love Waypoint with the discussions had and culture it provides :smiley:

As soon as Waypoint Plus was announced, I was immediatly onboard and can’t wait to see what the team does!

1 Like

Hi!

Currently based over in the UK. Followed Rob from Three Moves Ahead and Patrick/Austin from GB days. Subbed into Waypoint Plus to give them some well deserved support

1 Like

Hello, I’m Dustin. I’m a 38 year old High School Teacher in Florida. He/him. I’ve listened to the Waypoint pod for a couple of years now – it’s basically the only podcast I listen to regularly. It’s also the first one that I’ve felt the urge to support, so I happily subbed to Waypoint+.

1 Like

Hi I’m Mitch a dude who is still stuck in college i recently re-discovered waypoint dude to a more civilized age and I was hoping i could hang out or something

1 Like

Hi, I’m Andrew (he/him). I’m 33 from the from the UK. Have followed Waypoint’s podcast for a few years and excited for the freedom Waypoint+ give, thought it was high time to pop in and say hello!

1 Like

Hi I am Sean from Oklahoma. I am a 35 year old widower he/him. Been following Austin and company from the IdleThumbs/Gamespot/Giantbomb/Kotaku days. I am finally making the jump into joining discords into communities I feel safe in despite a large amount of social anxiety! I have watched and been apart of the community from the sidelines and would very much like to take the next step.

3 Likes

Hi, all. I’ve lurked around here for years, and now I decided I want to lurk in discord too! I’m a he/him from Brasil. Despite all the bad and weird in gaming culture, being curious about video games has actually played a significant part in my drift towards the left, thanks in no small part to people like the waypoint staff, freelancers, alumni and community. I have learned much from indie, alt and art games, game studies, criticism, collectives and initiatives by and for marginalized people, and many other groups and spaces where games are beloved but also critically discussed. I look forward to learning more from more people and sometimes actually participate whenever I manage to overcome my tendencies toward hermitage!

Hello ! My name is Kyoji Ohno from Japan.
I’m a composer and mostly compose music for films and relaxation

If you re interested please listen my tracks. My music for sleeping have especially received good response

Thank you

1 Like

Hi Im Rob (he/him) 42 from the UK. Followed Austin from Giant B. With kids, work and other stuff don’t get too much time to play games (maybe a couple of times a week) but still follow everything game related as ive been playing since my ZX Spectrum 48k! Looking forward to Waypoint plus content

Hi, I’m Hill
I live in Nova Scotia and I’m 28. I’m just a big goof that loves shared experiences that involve any type of gaming.
I live alone with a couple of ridiculous cats and I’ve been real lonely since covid hit. Looking forward to being fully vaccinimacated and playing boardgames and ttrpgs in person again in a few months (hopefully).

Hi, I’m BK (she/her)! My username here is suprspecialawsm because I can’t change it, but I now go by superhypercat pretty much everywhere (I go by super for short.) The “super” comes from my past username and the “hypercat” references the very cool cat mech that should have been, but never was, in FatT’s COUNTER/weight season. I’m here to reintroduce myself, join the Discord and chat and discuss with other Waypoint members!

1 Like

Hey, I’m Korlis (he/him) from the UK. I’ve been a Waypoint listener for a couple of years - I think the first thing I listened to was some five star runtime E3 coverage back in 2018, so it’s only fitting E3 is around the corner again - but with Waypoint+ I figured it was about time I tried to get to know the community a little better. Outside of games I’m an occasional climber, erstwhile freelance writer, and film fan.

1 Like

Hello everyone! I’m Daniel (He/Him) from LA. I joined the forum a while back and maybe posted one or two things, but with the birth of Waypoint+ I am more interested in reengaging with the community. So, as I said, Hello!

(Also, if you would like, check out The Wrath and Story 40K RPG Podcast at Wrath & Story — Partial Arc)

2 Likes

Hey! My name is R4z3r, I’ve been listening to waypoint since the first episode but just jumping into the community. Hoping to meet friends

2 Likes

Hi There, I’m Zacbakpak

Furniture maker and father of a one year old, I hardly get any time to play games anymore but have followed games coverage for as long as I can remember. Big fan of what Waypoint brings and I feel like A more civilised age was made entirely for me.

Nice to meet you all!

2 Likes

Hi all, you can call me Monarch.

I’m a huge Waypoint fan, been listening for a while and figured I’d finally give the forums a shot!

2 Likes

Hey Waypoint Community, first time long time. I’m Jim, 29, soon to move up to the Boston area, I play games largely on PC at this point. I like many have followed Waypoint mostly due to Austin but have since grown to love almost all Waypoint Alum. Joining Waypoint Plus has me figuring its probably time to get chatty with the community and my fellow Waypointsers.

2 Likes

Hey, my name is Bryan aka Mocharaid on the socials (though I’ve cut back on them recently) and I’m a 31-year-old Scottish dude. I’ve been listening/watching Waypoint stuff for years but just now decided I should look into the whole forum and discord thing :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Hello! I’m Sean, I usually go by Virdix in games. I’m an accountant, married, and a dog father.

Been listening to Watpoint for a few years and finally decided to post here after subscribing to Waypoint Plus.

Love all genres of games though jrpgs, MMOs, and ttrpgs hold a special place in my heart.

WAYPOINT FOREVER!

2 Likes