Oy, introduce yourself!

Hi, folks! I’m MB Hare! Got Norted by the podcast around the time Lore Reasons came out, and I’ve been in love with the site ever since. I write speculative fiction, games, and I’m doing a pass on a novel about a miserable antifascist witch so my agent can finally send the damn thing out.

Like a lot of y’all, I figured I might as well join the community now that Waypoint is Plus. So…hi!

2 Likes

Hi all! I’m Kierian (they/them), been a listener/reader since the start of Waypoint, but with the launch of Waypoint+, I thought it might be nice to check out the community.

I’m a recent film graduate living in the UK and yeah, I wouldn’t recommend graduating in a middle of a pandemic. Now back working for my local council in Social Care.

I grew up with a point and click adventure games, but now I pretty much try any genre, currently playing through Ratchet and Clank 3 and Professor Layton vs Pheonix Wright.

It’s great to meet you all!

2 Likes

Hi there! I’m belfry_bob. I am a 29 year old Chinese man in Singapore. I’ve been following waypoint since the start, and definitely listen to more podcasts than is healthy!

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m Big Sach from NJ, been a fan since the beginning, apparently even made a post in the forums 2 years ago during Savepoint about a mashup that was played! Anyway, I’m so happy about Waypoint+ and the return of streaming from this team. Unfortunately I don’t think I ever posted in the introduction thread so just wanted to say hi!

1 Like

Hi, I’m Karri from Melbourne, Australia. I’m a white, queer, neurodivergent, introverted trans woman. Been a big fan of the Waypoint crew since the days of their involvement with Giant Bomb and Idle Thumbs, but I don’t really use forums so I never got around to signing up here. Don’t think I’ll be posting much here but all the new energy surrounding Waypoint+ has me excited to get to know more folks in the community through Twitch chat and Discord! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hello friends, I’m one of those Irish living in the UK. Hobbyist game dev some of the time and medium time listener to Waypoint (and now Waypoint+ :D). Looking forward to getting to know some of you in discord etc!

2 Likes

Hey guys! I’ve been following waypoint on and off for years but just signed up for Waypoint+ and is super excited to be following more closely :smile: Can’t wait to be a bigger part of the community

1 Like

Hi, I’m Emi or just Bun. I’m listening to the podcast since day one and figured now that Waypoint+ started it might as well be a good time to get a bit more in to the community side of things. I will most likely lurk but that’s just because I’m shy.

1 Like

Hi just go by Bwo. Been listening and reading Waypoint for a good number of years but never signed up until now. With Way More Point Plus being something I was happy to support I decided to finally just set the whole thing up. Nice to meet you all!

1 Like

Yo, what’s popular folks. I’m Minh from Copenhagen, Denmark. Been following Waypoint for the last few years and just signed up for Waypoint+. Finally decided to give the forums/discord a shot and be a part of the community :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi all. I’m Mark (he/him) from Ireland, currently living in Wales. Been around since launch, but infrequently on the forums. I don’t subscribe to much of anything but was delighted to sign up to Way🥕Point+.

Love the perspective Waypoint has brought to a whole range of topics, and will keep an eye out for all the upcoming streams. Thinking of getting XCOM2 on switch now…

2 Likes

Hello everyone. Been a fan of Waypoint since the beginning, but never really got involved in the community. Just signed up for Waypoint+ and figured now would be a good a time as any to look into the forums and discord. Looking forward to talking video games with you all! I especially like strategy and tactics games, and I’m incredibly excited about Tactical Tuesdays coming back.

1 Like

Hi folks! I go by Ratbeard or Old Ratbeard online these days. My real name is Tyler or Ty. I fell in love with Sea of Thieves and that was the name I came up with for my pirate. It stuck after that.

I found Waypoint through a friend that got me into Giant Bomb. I’ll check out anything Rob and Patrick and Austin get up to now. Was happy to subscribe and get access to Way ^More Point!

I love action games, western rpgs, anything that lets me be a big viking guy with a sword and shield, really. And I love chatting about games and the culture.

3 Likes

Hey all! I’m Tyler, he/him. I’m a (recovering) American currently living in London with my partner and our miniature dachshund. I’m a writer and maker, most recently making games entirely in Google Sheets. I’ve been listening to Waypoint from the beginning, having followed Patrick over from Match 3, and am loving the Waypoint+ content.

Excited to meet y’all and hang out here more!

2 Likes

My name is Matt and I live in Tokyo. I’ve been following Austin since Giant Bomb and have come to love all the other Waypointers along the way as well. I have not been too active on forums in the past but I look forward to meeting and chatting with the friendly folks here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hello all,
I’m Keith (he/him) from the Boston area. I’ve been following Waypoint since the beginning, and like a few people here, decided to look into the forums after signing up for Waypoint+. FROM Software is my favorite developer, though recently I’ve been really into adventure games, and as a kid I played mostly management/tycoon games and RTSs… and a lot of free games nobody talks about (Armagetron Advanced is an all time great.) I’m also always down to talk about music!

1 Like

First time, long time. I’ve been a fan of Waypoint since day one! And now I’m happy to support the crew with Waypoint Plus. By way of Giant Bomb, I’ve been following Austin and Patrick in all their endeavors. And by way of… Waypoint, I’ve become huge fans of everyone who has been a part of the crew–Danika, Natalie, Rob, Cado, Danielle, etc. Can’t wait to see where Waypoint goes from here!

I love turn-based RPGs, especially those of the strategy variety like Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre. Some of my favorite series of all time are Shin Megami Tensei, Pokémon, Mass Effect, and Fire Emblem. I’m happy to be a part of the community here! Though I’m definitely a lurker most of the time.

1 Like

What’s up, my pronouns are he/him. Been listening to Waypoint and A More Civilized Age and really enjoying it so I wanted to come somewhere that I could discuss it with people. I am a forever DM in 5e dungeons and dragons, I have an unhealthy love for the NFL team the Tennessee Titans, and I do improv comedy. Please don’t let that last one scare you off, I swear I’m not annoying about it!

Excited to join a new online community and maybe make some new friends!

1 Like

Hey all, I’m Switz (he/him). Been listening to Waypoint almost since the beginning; I came for the gaming news, and stayed for the politics and hot food takes. The launch of Waypoint+ coincides with my finally landing a new job, so I’m happy to throw my six Canadian dollars into the pot.

I play a little bit of everything, lately that includes Overwatch, Vermintide 2, Civilization VI. Looking forward to getting back to in person gatherings so I can play Smash Bros. without lag again. Hit me up if you want to try some GTFO sometime…none of my regular group will play it with me… :cry:

1 Like

Hey All, I’m Goblinking (or Tyler :sweat_smile:). I’ve been following waypoint since its inception. Like everyone else I’m joining the forum after signing up on waypoint +.

I’ve always moved around my life (literally lived on a circus train with clowns at some point), so never really had a group of friends to play games with. I’m excited to be a part of this community. :grin:

1 Like