Oy, introduce yourself!

Eyo!

My name’s Samut Bunnag, or SamBlips. 27 years old, Thai, I mostly know Waypoint through Rob Zachny (and several good articles on the site). I was listening to Zachny’s podcast on Hell Let Loose and they mentioned a Waypoint Discord so… Yeah, I’d like to join the Discord :>

Hi everyone! I’ve been meaning to join the discord but just never got around to doing the introduction part!

I’m MK (a different one) or copperpots, I’m a writer with a different day job and I’ve been following Waypoint for yearssss now, right about when I started listening to Friends at the Table. The pride and prejudice be good and rewatch it episode are probably my favorite episodes of a podcast. I can’t wait to talk about games and such, I play a lot of TTRPGs and switch games.

Hello! I’ve been listening to waypoints for a few years now and decided to finally make a forum account now (lol). Would definitely be interested in joining the discord as well.

Online I usually go by the moniker Prince Johnny. I spend a lot of my free time watching anime or movies. Lately I’ve been getting deep into final fantasy 14, but when I’m not feeding that addiction rpgs are usually my go-to games. I’m a big final fantasy nerd in particular.

Hello all! I’ve been listening to Waypoint for a couple years. Enjoy talking about games but haven’t had time to play a lot recently.

1 Like

hello!!! my name is Po, i’m 26, i’m an otter on the internet, uhhhhhh i’m non-binary and use they/them pronouns!! i listen to the podcast on and off (i’m bad about keeping up with things) but only just recently decided to sign up for the forums… sup???

1 Like

Hey all, my handle is act_strange but my friends call me Coop. I’m a big fan of waypoint, Giant Bomb, Nextlander, Fire Escape, etc. I’m sorry to see Austin go but I know he’s going to do wonderful work and I know the Waypoint crew are more than capable of keeping the ship afloat with Austin. Honestly I’m just happy to be here.

1 Like

Hello! My name is Madison, I live in MN, and I use they/them pronouns. I’ve been listening to Waypoint for awhile now (both new episodes and old) and am interested in joining the community Discord. Most of my real life friends don’t play video games, and it’s been about a decade since I’ve had “Internet friends.” I thought it might be cool to have folks to play and chat about games with.

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m regardthenight!
Haven’t joined a forum in ages so this might as well be brand new for me, but I really enjoy this community and Waypoint’s content.
Time to be good and be good at it!

2 Likes

Hi all, I’m Nat (short for Nathaniel), pronouns are he/him, my twitter handle is @nathaniel_olin, and I’d love to join the community Discord. Long-time Waypoint listener and reader, looking for cool people to play games with (getting back into Destiny 2 at the moment). Wishing everyone the best!

1 Like

Hey, I’m Ian (he/him). I’m a musician and guitar gear-head in Brooklyn, and also obv like video games

1 Like

Hi,
My username is bionicears,
I am have followed the site since it launched but only just now gotten into the community side of it and saw there was discord and wanted to get involved. Live in Europe and enjoy pretty much anything and everything pop culture to an extent.

1 Like

Hello,

I am Randinva, have been looking for a chill well moderated forum for a while.

I really liked how clear and visible the rules were here and lurked for a time, ended up liking a lot the feel of the community here so I joined.

My main interest here is to talk about videogames.

1 Like

Hi. I’m RARE. 28.
I used to have a website where the purpose was to have the kinds of discussion Waypoint has. Then Waypoint started and I was like, “they’re doing the thing better than I could do the thing” so I just became a huge fan of Waypoint instead.

1 Like

hi! im calliope! i think i introduced myself on here awhile back with a different name. and then i must have cleared out the discords i wasn’t active on, and now i regret it, so im introducing myself again! :relieved:

ive been a fan since the beginning. i have vivid memories of being up all night with a colicky baby and having the 72 hour stream to keep me company. and honestly what a cool community this has proven to be since then.

1 Like

Hi, I’m Devin. I have got back into games in a big way over the past few years after being detached from the medium for a while in college. I started my own podcast about games, specifically looking at the auteurs of the medium that you can look up on podcast platforms, if interested. It’s called Gameography.

I know Waypoint has a great community and am looking forward to meeting new people and having great discussions!

1 Like

Hi! I’m Tommy from Indiana. Long time listener/reader, first time poster. Waypoint has opened my eyes to so many new perspectives, not just on games, but culture, politics, and life in general. Excited to join the Waypoint community!

1 Like

hi hi!

my name is mohammed. i’ve been a fan of waypoint since its inception & am hoping to engage with the community more! i recently moved back to kuwait, where i’m from, after studying in portland for the last six years & have been trying to find more online spaces to hangout in.

1 Like

Hello! I’m Noah, been listening since the start of covid, and have been loving all of the waypoint plus content. i’m a programmer as my job and my primary hobby but i also play a lot of board games and rpgs. just picked up a ps4 this year, so i’ve been enjoying last gen’s treats.

1 Like

Hey there! I’m Jeff, 25, he/him. I discovered Waypoint this year while looking for video game news/content that wasn’t all just straight white dudes, and I fell in love with every aspect of it. I just got the PS5 this week so I’m stoked to find out just how bad I am at video games with Demon Souls

1 Like

Oh, Hey everyone- I’m Jake. I’ve long been a supporter of Patrick, Rob, and Austin across their various projects over the years. I was happy to hit subscribe to Waypoint+ when it was announced.

Also, I picked up Dragon’s Dogma sight unseen because Scoops and Austin wouldn’t stop talking about it. I regret nothing.

1 Like