Oy, introduce yourself!

hey my name is Willy (he/him) and have been listening to the podcast for a long time and followed Patrick and Austin’s work since the giant bomb years. Excited to be more involved with the community

3 Likes

Hi I’m Jimmy (Hey/They). I’m a SCAD graduate, games programmer, and ttrpg designer currently . I started listening to Waypoint in community college after first listening to friends at the table. The critical reflection on games was inspiring to me and was one of the reasons I chose to go into the field of games. I also just love the chaotic banter between the hosts.

2 Likes

Hi all; I’m omnomnOMINOUS! I come from Metafilter, and I’ve been trying to find other rad people to play games with, in communities that center and hold space for marginalized people. I just want to hang out online/in-game with other grownups who don’t tolerate bigotry, harassment, or microaggressions.

I’m IRL friends with @Lagondion and @ArdentPenguin, who put me onto Waypoint; I’ve enjoyed Friends At The Table and the Waypoint crew’s critical commentary on games/media/politics/society, and I’m hoping we can all find a place here. :nerd_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::game_die::video_game:

4 Likes

Hello! I’m Ryan (they/them). I’ve admired the Waypoint community for a few years and finally decided to jump in. Looking forward to getting to know some of y’all!

1 Like

@M_o Hi. I have no idea how to DM you. But I’d like an invite to the land of fellow Waypointers.

Hi! I’m frew (he/him). Long time listener, first time poster! Excited to chat.

Hey did you ever get on? I’m not sure how I’m supposed to get in the discord but I also want to play hell let loose with people!

I totally thought I had done this years ago, but here we are. I’m Casity (he/him) from the USA’s midwest and I’m always excited when the pod devolves into hyper local midwest recommendations.

Waypoint has helped me question a lot of my own assumptions and I’m super excited to see where they go in the future.

1 Like

Hey everyone! My name’s Paul and my pronouns are he/him. I’ve been floating around in the video game sphere for many years, mostly introduced to the games journalism and crit community through Kotaku. I’ve floated around lots of communities, forums, comments sections, and hope to join ya’ll in discussions here and in the Discord! While I don’t have much spare time now a days to play games, I love the writing and ideas that come out of the community and discovering Waypoint has been such a wonderful moment of feeling like I have “found my tribe.” I am honoured to be a part of this community and look forward to talking with you all.

Hi everyone, I’m Steve. Long time listener to the podcast. I enjoy playing big open world games like BOTW but also have a soft spot for gachas like Genshin and now, thanks to the pod, World Flipper. The Waypoint community sounds like a bunch of really thoughtful, inclusive folk, glad to be here!

Hi I am David or Rocket. I am a longtime listener and enjoyer of the waypoint community. I work in special education and finally have enough time to get into the community side of waypoint. :sweat_smile: I love fighting games and souls-likes but I pretty much play a bit of everything. (I also really hope I am posting this in the right place) :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Hey, My names Thomas, been an OG fan of waypoint, following Austin and Patrick from their times at Giantbomb but now Waypoint is basically the only gaming postcast I keep up to date with. Big into all different types of games, as a media student and long time fan of the site i almost enjoy breaking games down now more than playing them haha.

Hi everyone! My name is Jamie and I’ve been listening to and reading Waypoint content for quite a while now, and I’m hoping to get more involved in the community. Cheers!

Hey yall this is thkrises. I love everything pop culture.

Hey y’all Im Nicolas,
Going by the name utopieselective on the internet

Im a concept artist for games and movies and a fan of the waypoint gang for the last year~

Really appreciate your work so Im happy to contribute :slight_smile: cheers!

Hi everyone! My name is Luke and I’m a long time listener/supporter and first time discourse.zone visitor. Looking forward to peering in on discussions here and on the discord!

Hello! My name is Chason, and I got into the podcast a few years ago. I’m more of a lurker when it comes to online forums but I look forward to talking with everyone.

Hi, I’m Fauxedo! I’m a software dev in Austin.

Hey, I’m Patrick. I’ve been a long-time lurker from day one of the waypoint forums. It’s cool to actually have the courage to make an actual account.

1 Like

My name is Mike! I have been a waypoint and a fatt fan for a while.