Oy, introduce yourself!

Hey y’all! I’m Colin, a 24 year old white dude from North Jersey. I followed Austin from GB which appears to be pretty common around here. I like a lot of things and especially like new things and experiences in games. That being said, 80% of my gaming time is being consumed by Hearthstone which is a problem. Annnnyway, if you’re following Waypoint you’re probably a good person so it’ll be cool to see how this community grows. I used to lurk around Gaf a lot, but never really contributed because of how hierarchal all of that stuff seemed to be, so hoping I can actually contribute something here.

1 Like

Hey hi hello, I’m Chris from Toronto. I found Waypoint by way of Austin and Patrick through Giant Bomb, and Danielle from Idle Thumbs. When the gang got together, I was super stoked.

I’m 25, working as a CSR for money, and writing mediocre reviews at indiegamereviewer.com.

Honestly, been waiting for a good forum to jump in on, and a Waypoint community sounds fantastic.

3 Likes

Hi, I’m M, and I’m a 31 year old American who lives on the grumpy fringes of burnt out games twitter. I don’t think I’ve used a forum since AOL, but I’m here doing this I guess? Whoops. I really like Waypoint and I guess I like video games but far less than I should given how much time I spend on them.

2 Likes

I wanted to make a Persona thread but apparently I need to make more posts before I can actually make a thread. Whatever.

I dunno, been a Giant Bomb fan for almost 9 years now and started following Waypoint pretty much immediately.

2 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m Steve.

36 Likes

Hi, I’m Ligeti. A 25 year-old sociology student who spends his free time from talking too much about societal issues by talking too much about societal issues in video games (sometimes I even play them!). I’m glad that there’s finally a non-reddit forum to talk about the hottest daddies in gaming!

1 Like

I’m a 24 y/o white, queer dude from Sweden. I’m studying sociology with the hopes of becoming a local politician one day. I’m also a table-top RPG game master who spends way too much time on the hobby instead of things I should be spending time on. Like work, and school, and sleep. Oh god I need more sleep…

6 Likes

Hey, I’m another nerd who followed Austin and Patrick here from GB. I mostly play PC games and I’m one of those people crazy enough to have bought a VR headset.

Good to see you here 2Mello I miss your old podcast.

1 Like

Hey hey! I’m Six, I’m @sixtwosixfour on Twitter (real name Colin), I write about games and do podcasts amateurly in my free time while working a pretty bad retail job. Nice to meet y’all!

1 Like

Hi! :slight_smile:
My name’s Brian O’Brien, hence BriBri. This is literally my first ever forum post; at 24 years old with change. I’m based in Galway, Ireland and I thought I’d join because I’m loving what waypoint are doing :heart:

3 Likes

My name is…well my name. Moises.
Found Giant Bomb for their E3 coverage. SO my only exposure to Austin was his appearances there and obviously his announcing his departure. Seemed cool so I followed along. Heard about Vice Gaming and whatnot. Hella months later,(nearly a year, shit) I’m a Waypoint stan.
Never been on a forum before but I like Waypoint enough to see the kinds of people they attract. Let’s chat, folks.

1 Like

Ah yo, Im Dapp from Ireland and followed a little Austin on the streamfriends and then a whole lot of GB and Idle Thumbs and then like this magical convergence happened and you know I gotta get in on this.

Degree ready game dev slowing dying in retail hell :skull::skull::skull:

8 Likes

I’m parker. I live in Salt Lake City and do writing and editing about videogames on the side while working at a university. i’ve really come to appreciate waypoint’s emphasis on the “why” and “how” we play games, which is why i’ve even signed up for these forums — cause I usually never feel comfortable in forum spaces.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi hi hi, I’m ElectronicOldMen, I’m 20 years old, I’m an architecture student in Edinburgh, Scotland, and I’m an alcoholic.

controversial opinion - waypoint r cool

2 Likes

Ireland Represent <3

2 Likes

Hey Stargrave! I really appreciate you listening to it. It was a lot of work and time to put together, but I still think about it and I’m glad we made it a full year.

1 Like

Hey y’all, I’m trashtabby. Have been a follower of Giant Bomb for quite some time and followed Waypoint (or Vice Gaming) as soon as I heard about it. Then I joined this forum cause a forum with other people who follow Waypoint is probably a cool place.

1 Like

Hi there everyone!
I’m Daydreamer a pretty shy 31-2ish year old queer trans woman. I’ve been following Waypoint since it was announced by Austin who I found through Friends at the Table probably my favorite podcast (err sorry Waypoint Radio).

Thanks for the great content Waypoint! I hope to try and be active in the community!

6 Likes

Forums! Congrats on the launch!

I’m Tobi from Germany, 28 and followed Austin to Waypoint from GiantBomb and technically Patrick from Kotaku / GiantBomb and Danielle from Polygon / Zam as well I guess :grimacing:. Now that Rob is here too, I’m suspecting Waypoint is secretly following me and hiring all the games media people I came to like…

Idle Weekenders represent!!

4 Likes

Literally Galway represent my dude

5 Likes