Oy, introduce yourself!

Hey all! I’m Izzy, she/her, trans, 20s, living in Brooklyn.

I’m not exactly a new user…my boymode account is still out there. But I wanted to contribute to some of the Good Discourse that happens here, and felt like I could only do that as my real self!

So here I am!

Hello, everyone! Glad I finally decided to jump in and join the community. I’m Marcel, a 24 year-old freelance translator from Spain, and my pronouns are he/him. I’m also specializing in videogame localization in the hopes of finding a more stable form of income. Looking forward to talk with and learn from all of you!

Yo, I’ve been here since before Waypoint had a name, just kinda lurking. Let’s see, how to encapsulate me. I… will forever claim that I am the one who gave Polygon the name for their user community, Polynauts, even though I suggested it in their thread about that very topic and they summarily deny that was the source ( I have proof damnit ).

On to things that really matter, I guess. I go by Rocket Punches, with or without the space, on most online platforms (side eye to my boys over at Sony). I was a Winter 2015 Game Informer Intern, the whole writing about games thing didn’t really work afterwords but hey, I met some cool thing and got to see how garbage Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 was before everyone else even knew it existed.

I dabble in making gaming props, work as a Lego Robotics competition coach, substitute teacher, and MakerSpace assistant. I draw a little, I code a little, I edit podcasts sometimes, I have an English degree, I ride a motorcycle, 3D print, 3D model, a lot of other stuff. I do stuff basically. Just stuff.

Oh, and I’m 27 and he/him so, yeah.

Help me make sense of Final Fantasy XV?

Oh, hello there… I’m a sexy camboy.
Not really, I pretty much just listen to the podcast whilst driving and wistfully remember the days of my youth where I had more than 20 mins free time in a day to play games.

Right now, it’s 11pm and I’m supposed to be composing superstar sales e-mails. Instead, I’m procrastinating heavily as you can probably tell. I am self-employed publishing a rather niche magazine which I won’t name for professional reasons.

About once a week I play video games for 10 minutes and for the rest of the time I work and look after my family. I just can’t let go of games for some reason, however, so I spend a lot more time reading about games I’ll never play than actually playing them.

I’m rambling now so anyway, nice to meet you all. Toodle pip!

hi, i read ellaguro’s article on a.l.t. and found this forum. i’m really drawn in by how nuanced and well informed the conversations are here. i have a feeling this place will be recognized as something special.

hey everyone, i’m erica!! im here because the Weed Lord herself has been so kind and nice to me, after ive been a total doofus to them, that i figure i may as well just join the Weed Lair

Hi everyone!
My name is Dereck, I’m 27 and I live in Paris, France (not Texas).

Hey y’all! My name is Rob, but I generally go by Luno online. I’m a 27 year old white, bi dude (he/him). I’m a game designer / writer / composer who is currently out of work and extremely bitter about it and video games as a whole, so I figure it’s time to really get myself in with a group of cool people. Waypoint gives me hope about the otherwise dumpster fire of a fandom that is video games.

I live close to Boston, MA and I need more internet friends. Be my friend?

Hey names Alex, 22 he/they
I’m an artist that plays games sometimes
been marathoning the podcast lately and I’ve enjoyed it a lot so I decided to make an account.

hey i’m drew. art school grad who still draws sometimes. forever replaying bloodborne. compulsive lurker but i’m looking to be more Online / be part of a community / etc.

yoroshiku

Hi, I’m a 27 y/o filmmaker from and currently living in New Orleans. I get here by way of poppliopals.moe. I love jrpgs (Atlus especially), strategy games and point n’ click adventure games. I’ve also seen every Gundam series at least 3 times and will get way too excited if you get me talking about it in a bar.

Hi, I’m 36 stay-at-home dad and part time writer and I’ve been reading Waypoint since the beginning but only recently got around to creating the forum account. I’m looking forward to engaging more actively with a group of people who have similar thoughts, hopes, and dreams about what video games (and other media) can be and should be. I play all sorts of games, but, am always on the lookout for interesting smaller games produced by smaller teams. He/him.

Hi everyone! I’m a 20 year old dude (he/him) studying English and Film/Media Studies. I love reading/watching/listening to games criticism or discussion, but I’ve never participated much in forums or social media, mostly due to shyness. I’d like to change that, and Waypoint seems like a nice and thoughtful community, so I’m hoping to get into some Discourse.

I like all kinds of games, but I always come back to Dark Souls, The Witcher, Skyrim, etc; I’m a huge nerd for medieval fantasy shit. I also love cliche-ridden stuff about disaffected young peopple. And I’m always trying to expand my media tastes!

Looking forward to good discussions!

Hi! I’m Nick, 25 (he/him) and I’m a high school history/social science teacher from Australia. I came to Waypoint via Friends at the Table, and a while listening to the podcast.

I’ve not been a forum person much before now, but am interested in changing that in a community that seems full of thoughtful and engaged discussion with great moderation

I play a lot of broad stuff, but only have a PC at the moment. I am an Overwatch regular when my old mates are playing and want to play more Destiny, but most of the time I play RPGs, RTSs and 4X games.

Hello, everyone, my name Is Victor, and I’m a Law Student from Brazil. I’ve listened to some of the podcast and since I’m a reader of Vice anyway, I decided to make an account.

This seems like a place that encourages polite disagreement without descending into open bigotry, which is why I’m very excited to participate in conversations here :slight_smile:

Hello, I’m Kevin. I’m a dad and a dabbler who happens to make money doing computer stuff. I live in California with my wife and my daughter and the best dog.

I come to Waypoint via the Danielle/Rob/Idle Thumbs nexus. I participate in very few forums these days but this one seems to have many kind and thoughtful people, who I can always use more of.

I’ve been obsessed with video games since Combat on the Atari VCS. I play a little of everything (that isn’t multiplayer). My backlog is large and shameful. These days I am prone to survival sims and roguelikes and other such permadeath masochism.

Let’s all be excellent to each other.

Good afternoon! I’m Dr. Trogdor (yep, old internet stuff). I’m an American white dude, 34, he/him, and I’ve been a fan of Waypoint Radio ever since it started and had all those Vice Gaming Presents Waypoint naming issues in the beginning. Big GB fan, couldn’t resist an Austin and Patrick Joint, and I love who they’ve brought on board here.

Inspired to finally join the Discourse Zone after Austin’s brilliant speech at NYU.

I’m the kind of guy that will make sure he doesn’t miss a second of a GDQ, either through the livestream or VODs, even if it’s just sitting there with music playing for fifteen minutes. I do academic things and try to make some sort of dang difference.

Let’s do the talking thing! Woo!