Oy, introduce yourself!

I’m tarah; American, white, early 30s, transgender, blank gender, they/them pronouns (or ve/vis/ver if you’re feeling spicy). I’m a furry/scalie artist/game developer, I struggle with self-expression, and I have a long history of not being able to stick with projects after a few weeks (I think it’s performance anxiety, mostly). I’ve had some bad experiences with forums, either by pushing my art on uninterested audiences (several times, whoops) or by picking places that simply didn’t fit me. This place seems like it doesn’t shun the opinions of marginalized folks on topics that directly concern them, which is an immediate plus.

I came to Waypoint from both Giant Bomb and Idle Thumbs, having listened to a fair amount of the Bombcast, Beastcast, and Idle Weekend prior to this. It’s genuinely great to hear takes on the media we consume that extend beyond “is it fun or entertaining enough to be worth the money?” into its inner messages, audience impact, and/or cultural value (or lack thereof).

Ayeee whatup, I’m Suga. Out over on Giantbomb as SugaSeanzy getting into arguments about Star Wars in the chat. He/Him. Born in Japan but been in America for 99% of my life. Sociology Major that is working in the medical field not using my degree. It is what it is.

I started to get into GiantBomb during 2015’s Game Of The Year and I was like “This Austin dude knows whats up about articulating his feelings for games”. I didn’t really listen to the Beascast at that time so I completely missed out on him leaving and when I found out I immediately tried to find where he went which led me to here.

Hi! I’m Joe. 29 he/they, I’m a tired dad. I’m an in-house graphic designer at large company where I live.

I drifted to Waypoint through twitter osmosis largely, with a side of Friends at the Table referentials from Adventure Zone. I’m very fond of it here already because I haven’t really found a place for video games on the internet that has fit in with my whiplash political evolution to the left over the past couple years.

Hi everyone! I’m Lilian (she/her), a graphic designer from São Paulo, Brazil. I’ve always enjoyed essays and criticism about video games so, like a lot of people, I started following the site from the get-go because of Austin and Patrick’s presence in GB; that plus me being a huge Idle Thumbs fan means Waypoint now has a lot of my favourite people in games crit/journalism in one place. (:

I’m usually a lurker when it comes to forums but couldn’t help joining in after seeing such a thoughtful and positive community over here!

hi!! im eidolon. im 21, and currently navigating a change of schools/majors to study music. which, huh, when i type that out maybe isnt a great plan. but here goes nothin! i write/ produce music and do design stuff. i really want to soundtrack a game someday.

i went on forums a lot when i was younger, mostly for really specific small game communities. games fell by the wayside for few years after i discovered making music, but ive been slowly getting back into them the past few months. Waypoint’s approach to examining games played a big part in that, tbh. so after reading articles and lurking, i finally joined! this community seems really rad and welcoming and i hope to learn from y’all and not say too much dumb stuff.

Putting this here for posterity even though I’ve been posting regularly here for a month now. I’m Adam. I’m from Sydney, Australia. I’m a perpetual undergraduate in his final year. I’m very regular and have been following Austin and Patrick since they started at Giant Bomb, a site which I used to love but have drifted from quite a bit since Waypoint started up. I love academic games crit, especially of big games because I’m fascinated by the messages in mainstream popular culture. I look forward to chatting to you lovely people!

Hello! My name is Richard, I live in NZ, use he/him pronouns and honestly I have no idea how I got here, probably through youtube which led to waypoint radio which led here. Looking forward to ~the discourse~

Hey I’m Tim, rastaballs is my online name (named after silicone containers I would keep various concentrates in not…something…else.) I live on a farm in rural North Texas and I’m pretty new to the internet. My interests include games (JRPGS, multiplayer shooters, diablo style RPGS) Comics/Manga/Anime (I pretty much just exclusively read Image Comics stuff and shonen/seinen manga, Mobile Suit Gundam and One Piece are some of my fav titles) and making and listening to music (I make ambient music under my full name “Timothy Allen Huntsman” and atmospheric black metal under the name “Matum.” i only record to tape but if enough people wanna hear my stuff I’ll put it online someday.) I joined this forum to meet gamers that aren’t jerks and have similar interests as myself, if you think I sound cool or have similar interests as me then don’t hesitate and try to talk to me, add me, or join me in a game, it would make my week!!

discord: rastaballs #4091
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/rastaballs
PSN: Rastaballss
Epic Games: rastaballss

ps: i have a cat and a dog and they are reallyyyy cute and I love them. :slight_smile:

Hi there, I go by Holly and I’m 22, studying English and Sociology. They/Them or She/Her
I’ve been a big fan of waypoint since it got started up and it took me way too dang long to check the forums out. I’m big on strategy games, roguelikes, comics and a lot of other dorky nonsense.
I’m almost as bad at introductions as I am at forums so I think I’ll call it here.

Looking forward to hanging out with y’all!

Hey there, I’m Andrew (he/him or they/them) and I’m gonna try to be On Here since I’ve never done the forum thing before and it seems chill. I’m a New York queer and a (non-games) programmer, I’m 23 and I’m sort of a friend-of-a-friend of a bunch of people in the NY indie community. Been trying to do gamemaking a bit for a while, but really just as a hobby. I play a pretty diverse mix of stuff but largely small indie stuff, and also Sea of Thieves now I guess. That’s most of the stuff about me!