Oy, introduce yourself!

Hi people, I’m Jared (also J Rad, also Jey_Rad, also Mister_Trecker on Twitter). I started off as a Josie main, but I’ve been playing Lee for the last couple… Oops, this isn’t a Tekken forum.

I followed Austin from Giant Bomb, and I play a lot of fighting games. I lurked around the Talking Time forums for years (Retronauts ho!), but I’m just getting around to the forums here (now that I have a desk job again, and am sitting at a computer all day).

Excited to meet people in the Discord channel!

Hey everyone!

I’m Chris, he/him, old. I’m a Canadian expat living in Washington state. I starting following Waypoint/Waypoint forums earlier this year when I decided to spend more time reading about something I like (games, and games as media) and less about stressy things. I was well and truly hooked when I started tuning into the podcast! I really appreciate the honest and thoughtful approach to games and media, and I am grateful for the way the team provides a window into perspectives and experiences outside my own.

I play instruments with strings, read mostly bad sci-fi with non-fiction for spice, and prefer turn based things, immersive sims, and other dying(?) genres. I drink too much coffee, and love Pu Er tea.

ttys!

Hello I am jkdog855, my brother in law told me about this community. Looking forward to checking it out.

Hi! I’m Harriet, 24, she/her from London. I like games some of the time but I probably enjoy discussing them more. I primarily game on pc (I know I know) because I’ve always had access to them and they’re what I grew up on. Never had a huge online presence though. Currently playing Assassin’s Creed Origins. Let’s be friends!

Uh, hello.

My name is Robert, I live in the UK, and most of the time, I like to write. Usually fiction and fanfic, but sometimes I like to stick my opinions somewhere.

I’ve been playing games ever since I saw my parents playing Centipede on the Atari 5200, and ever since my mother bought me a Sinclair ZX Spectrum. I’m also a long time fan of anime, action movies, rock music, and other kinds of stuff that probably would take up too much time.

Hi! I’m Josh. I found my way here by following Austin from Stream Friends to Twitter to Giant Bomb to Waypoint. I’ve not been active on the forums at all, but I do love to follow threads (especially the screenshot ones). I figure it’s about time to get more involved with such an anti-toxic gaming community.

Hello!

I’m Wen! Like a lot of other folks, I followed Austin & Patrick here from GB and I’ve been following Waypoint since the very beginning! I’ve also been reading the forums periodically since they opened but hadn’t gotten around to making an account until today!

As far as video games go, I’m really into visual novels, rogue-likes and fighting games but I’m generally interested in all kinds of games. Although, I haven’t been able to play much since about a year and a half ago I lost my house and most of my stuff! I mainly played on PC but I had a few handhelds too. I’ve also got a smartphone but I never really enjoyed playing games on it. Still don’t!

So nowadays instead of playing games I stick to reading about them or watching other people play them. I also enjoy listening to very cool music (mostly electronic stuff) and I recently got back into anime and manga again!

Still quite a bit nervous about actively participating in the community but I will say that I appreciate the welcoming and inclusive atmosphere you all strive for! I’ve also never joined a big server on Discord before (anxiety) but if this where we request invites then I’m blzzzrrttt#9242 on there. Looking forward to interacting with the community and administering ‘likes’ in the Discourse Zone!

Hey all,

I’m Brigsby and I’ve been following the Waypoint Raido podcasts for a bit now and wanted to join the forums and Discord to find communities of people who like gaming and want to push back on the toxic elements of society that creep in.

Hey all!

So my name is my username, Josh Dolar (bold I know but got to that social media #branding down). You can find me on any social by the same username so why not use it in a forum, right?

I’m 25 and have been actually following video game news and culture for about 5 years after growing up playing them, against the wishes of the rest of my family. I came across waypoint through hearing about Austin and Patrick through a combination of Giant Bomb and Kinda Funny and wanting to find people who will actually cover the industry and treat it the medium as both art and business not just a hobby. It is also nice to have some political coverage of games that more aligns with my hard left wing (for America) political ideals and they are open about it.

I’m also a v amateur photographer, someone with a degree in Christian ministry, and the only forum I have ever been a part of before was the Kinda Funny Forum but left because it is pretty toxic, as the whole of the Kinda Funny Community has become within the past year or so.

I’m looking forward to having great talks, meeting wonderful people, and have a non-toxic forum experience here with everyone!

Hello! My name’s Fergus, 26 and I’m from Sydney, Australia, but have lived all over the place and was born in the UK. I’ve only just stumbled across Waypoint, but as someone looking for an interesting, critical and inclusive space to discuss games, as well as a friendly community to get involved in after spending most of my online life being a chronic lurker, the site ticked so many boxes.

I used to follow Giant bomb though admittedly not as much as some here, for the last couple of years most of my games reading has been via Cameron Kunzelman’s amazing blog This Cage is Worms. I’ve played a bit of everything, but love games with atmosphere, decisions and a decent difficulty curve.
I’m neck deep in Stardew Valley, Dwarf Fortress and System Shock 2 at the moment (an odd assortment, I know.) I used to make films but I’m back in school for computer science.

Looking forward to participating in this great community and meeting some cool game friends to talk about interesting things with! :robot:

Hey all, I’m Matt from Florida. I’ve drifted through the outside of gaming a bit ago, and sites like Waypoint help keep me into what’s going on with really smart commentary as well.

Hi, I’m Sam. He/him pronounds, 30 y/o in Brooklyn. Been on Destiny since PC launch. Looking for a healthier clan to enjoy D2 with.