Oy, introduce yourself!

Hello All!!

I’m Kwame aka Fokis, and I am a long time fan of the site! Followed Austin and Patrick here from Giant Bomb, because i loved their views (and patrick’s love of horror), and really fell in love with what Waypoint is doing, and the conversations and spaces it’s created that i’ve felt have been sorely lacking (or hard to find) in the gaming community!

More about me, I am black life long geek, retired rapper, video game/horror/music/movie fanatic. A progressive from Mass, and my pronouns are he/him! Look forward to joining the community in a more active way!

Good morning people,
I’m Adam. Doing my best to stay warm in Michigan. Been meaning to join the forum for a while now but just getting around to it today. I really enjoy the Waypoint vibe and format and I can’t get enough of the podcast. I’ve been pretty quiet on Twitter for months now cause the negativity I see there gets kinda overwhelming. Hoping this can be a place for friendly chat cause I do miss that lately.
Started playing games on the Atari 2600 in 1983 when I was three years old and I’m still around.
The games that have impacted me the most in my lifetime are Maniac Mansion, EarthBound, Cave Story, and Bloodborne.
Wishing everyone a great day.

Hi folks!
I’m Mike. I’m a long time Friends at the Table fan. I discovered Waypoint a handful of months ago through the podcast and I’ve been lurking on the forums for a little bit. This seems like such a wonderful community, and I’m really excited to be a part of it. I feel like Waypoint is such a positive force, and I’m stoked to meet other folks in this space.

Just a little about me; I’m 27 year old Native American queer dude working at a library in the Chicago area. I’ve never really been out of the midwest, pretty excited at the prospect of seeing a mountain someday. I love tabletop RPGs, especially the more indie stuff, and I’m always down to learn about new ones. I used to play fighting games pretty competitively; I don’t really practice anymore, but I’d be thrilled to play casually with some folks.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hello, I am a pixelated nudist that is elated to share no pics with any one at any time. I do have thoughts.
In fact, many of these thoughts spew forth into the ether after I download episodes of the Waypoint Podcast also through the very same ether.

This Unit followed Austin Walker from Giant Bomb BzzT WE StIll MISs YoU bZZt and Danielle from Idle Thumbs.

Hi! I’m canada_goose, I’m a 29-year-old software developer and homesteader. I play board games and PC games, except I live in a rural area and my PC is down for the count right now so my opportunities are a bit limited for the time being. Have dabbled a bit in game development but it never really stuck. Anyway this forum seemed interesting so I thought I would check it out. Hi!

Hi everyone,

I’m Nevermore, but my friends call me Emir. I’m a medical writer by day, and savior of the solar system by night.

Would love to join the RTO Destiny 2 clan and hunt down bad guys with like-minded gamers!

Hey, I’m Bill, 31/Wisconsin, I play videogames and cosplay and stuff, all good times.

hi all! looking forward to hanging out. Can someone message me a Discord invite? I’m not able to DM anyone like the post indicated :confused:

Hi everyone!
I’m Taserfilm, 20 yo, from Germany and relatively new to forum posting. I mainly play RPGs, open-world-ish games and strategy games on easy mode. Other than games I listen to a lot of music, am into history and also trying to get back to reading books again. I mainly started visiting this site beacause I liked the reviews here and hadn’t really paid attention to the forums until now. Hope to have a fun time here!

Hey everyone! Username is Moka, based off the pot I use to brew my favorite beverage every morning, and afternoon.

I’m journalist in his mid-20s who splits his time between Boston and Alaska, my homeland. I just finished up a spell in D.C.

My main platform is the PS4, but I’m constantly looking for the perfect mobile game. I’m a big fan of strategy RPGs. I’ve been listening to Waypoint for a few months now, and love their mature and socially conscious approach to analyzing video games. I decided to log on because I wanted to chat with people who feel the same.

Cheers!

Hiya!
I’m Camp (weary_worlds on Twitter), 19 y/o currently living in Central Florida, comfortable with any/all pronouns! I first started following Waypoint a few months ago, starting with their written content that had been passed around on Twitter (specifically Patrick’s fantastic piece on 'Captain Spirit), before getting really hooked on the podcast this past month or two. Figured I’d give the Waypoint Forum a shot since I’d been looking for a good place to talk about games with folks.

About me, I’m a queer hobbyist artist currently in uni studying Social Sciences. I also do some acting, but mostly just improv for fun. Recently been dabbling in digital art and learning to use Unity and GameMaker. Currently playing through the recent Tomb Raider trilogy and SOMA!

ヤッホー, I am the transfer student. I am starting here from today, so please treat me kindly.

My interests include maintaining a giant backlog of games as I continue to pour more of my time into playing the endless permutations of pokemon games. I’ve been a long term listener and reader of Waypoint, but I am looking forward to spending some time here.

Hey everyone! I’m Canadian, in my mid-20s, and love games. Long time listener of Waypoint Radio, so I thought the forum might be a nice place to hang out.

Hey everyone,

Been with Waypoint since day one. Long-time listener. I’m an accountant in Nova Scotia that is constantly at odds with the business I run and the livelihood of my family and staff relying on our neo-liberal world, yet I no longer believe in it. Waypoint’s been an excellent resource to helping me work around those complications.

Hi, I’m Omegaradium from Texas!
I’m a Giantbomb fan and followed Austin & Scoops over to Vice but just hadn’t really done much on the forums until today. :slight_smile:

Apologies for the now deleted post. Thank you for the flags that brought it to our attention, they’re super helpful in enabling us to act as quickly as possible.

Hello, I’m atesh.

My Twitter handle is @atesh42 and I followed Austin from Giant Bomb to Friends at the Table and obviously Waypoint!

Hi everyone. I go by Guru online and I’m here because I’ve been procrastinating joining another forum cause social anxiety.

I share Austin’s love for Mechs and Rob’s love for tactics.

Hello. Dreadpiratebill (Bill) here. Saying hi to join RTO as I have two real life friends here and I’m moving 5 hour away from them and wish to keep playing Destiny 2 with them. Thank you.

Hihi! I’m Jason. Twitter handle is @FlotsamAndJason.

Been a big fan of the site, the podcast, etc for some time now. Heard Cado mention the Destiny 2 Clan and I was like… wait, I can actually do the raids?

So yeah, looking to get in on that Discord, and definitely want to join [FATT] since I’m playing on ye olde PS4.

Thanks for having me!