Oy, introduce yourself!

Hi! I’m Dan (he/him). I’ve been working in games for a little over a decade now. Right now I’m a designer for music games.

It seems that I made a post on this forum once in 2017, and then never again. :sweat_smile: I want to try to become a part of the community this time!

Hi, I’m on here as a fan of the podcast but have not done much looking around on the forum yet. I’m a physical therapist. I like video games. Not much else to say about me at this point. :joy:

Hi everyone, I’m George or Oaked (he/him). I am a market researcher. Enjoy video games. I usually would not have the courage to post on a forum but I was drinking with friends.

Anyway, I would like to join the discord if that’s a thing. @Oakedd on Twitter. All the best to you all.

I am going to reach out to that friend that you always enjoy spending time with but haven’t seen in a while. You should too!

Ahoy hoy everyone! I’m Fahad (he/him) just learned about this forum via the pod, you can find me on Twitter @FahadArman

Excited to converse with likeminded people
(he says, in the most generic fashion ever…)

Hi all! I’ve posted here a bit already but I don’t think I ever actually made a post about myself. But! I’m here now to introduce myself. My name is Connor. I have no memory of how I found Waypoint… But I’m really glad I did because I love their content. I’m mostly a podcast listener, to be honest. This is a really cool community and I’m happy to be a part of it. I’m making a post here now mostly because of seeing it as a requirement for Discord entry after googling for the Discord after hearing Cado mention it on a podcast. See y’all around!

Hello, I’m metalinvader, and the last forum I was on was the Escapist. I quit it about a year or two before nazis started making themselves known and recruiting gamers en masse (especially on that site). Have been avoiding forums a LOT because of that shit-show.

About a year ago I heard about this place, and while browsing here it actually didn’t seem like a nazi wankfest for once. I’d been burned in so many communities (Destructoid and PCGamer before this), but I could tell when I went to sign up and they asked my pronouns (in addition to the inclusive forum rules) that maybe it would be okay this time.

For videogames I love Starcraft, Dead Rising, Prototype, Tiberian Sun, Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor/Shadow of War (equally, in their own ways), Starcraft, Fable (2 was my favorite), Battlefront 2 (2005), Mass Effect, Starcraft, Warcraft 3 (only), and Starcraft.

For shows the list would be too long but my current obsession is Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure.

I’m almost exclusively a PC gamer, so I won’t be playing a lot of the biggest critical hits (something you’re all sure to hear me moan about a LOT if I’m here as much as I hope to be). Hope I can be a valuable member of the community!

Hi, the name’s Traykov540. I prefer to stay anonymous but I will say that I’m a person who likes video games(especially Nintendo), anime, and doing art. I’ve already made a few posts on this forum and so far, I’m enjoying the community. Depending on how things go, I’ll maybe make some posts about things that are on my mind or give my opinions on some things but since school has been killing me lately, I’ll be mostly inactive and just check on what’s going on. Either way, I hope we can have a good time together! :slight_smile:

Hello friends! I am Ethan Horn, I am a graduate student in Texas, and I love games! He/him, interested in all games that manage to tell some sort of story. I love loving things! I’m too positive but I recognize that.Im happy to be here!!!

Hi! My name is David, I’m not really usually active in any forum, mostly due to time constraints, but I truly love Waypoint’s approach to games and the entertainment-world/world in general, and it’s a community I want to be a part of!

Hi, folks. I go by Chase (he/him) when I’m online. Some formative titles for me include VA-11 Hall-A, the Pokemon series, and Megaman Zero 3. My twitter handle is @SuperBestMatch. I mostly use it as a glorified RSS feed and RT leftist stuff.

Heyo!

I’m Matt. I’m an indie gamedev in Toronto. Made a game called The Veil back in 2014 and after a few years hiatus I’m working on some new projects. Really enjoy and appreciate the discourse around here and with the Waypoint podcast.

Hello! I’m Andy. I recently finished a Master’s degree where I wrote a thesis about gender and meritocracy in video games. I’m excited to finally have time to play more games and I really enjoy the discourse that happens in this community.

Hey y’all, I’m Marcy :blue_heart:

22 | Trans | Bi | Poly | Mexican | She/Her

I realized that I haven’t ever made a proper introduction here despite frequenting the Waypoint Discord server and now helping moderate there (could try to interact here more we’ll see about that)

Player of video games when I feel like it. Viewer of Giant Bomb and Waypoint content. That music stuff? Pretty good imo. Online a lot for better or worse. Struggle with mental health stuff but trying my best (I think) to get by.

Very proud of all the work and effort put in by Waypoint, the moderators and everyone here to help make this community great and inclusive. Keep it up y’all!

Hi, My name is Jaivi Oxford. I’m 28 years old. I run a shutter repair company in London.

What’s up internet. i’m dordreff and i’ve been on the forums literally since day one but haven’t posted in here yet, now posting so i can finally get on the discord and be too afraid to speak. Any pronouns are fine. Please do not capitalise my name, i’m not sure why this matters to me but it does. i’m Australian, i’m too old, and i work at a university where i sometimes look at spreadsheets and am rewarded with many shiny jewels. Well, bye.

Hello, i’m Kelly, going by muchobeans online. I thought I had made an account on here last year but apparently forgot! I live in Seattle and have 2 lovely bunnies!

Hey, I’m FrightenedMink. 24 year old college guy that has been following Waypoint (mostly the podcast) since it’s inception.
Joined the forums finally because I’m looking for some fun inclusive people to play destiny with.

Hey, I am Angelo (he/him). I’ve been following waypoint since its beginnings but never bothered to engage with the community and kept to just lurking in the forums. I thought i upgrade from just lurking.

Quick About me: I am a college student who is close to graduating. I recently beat subnautica and got back into Destiny 2. I usually find myself replaying or at least thinking about replaying one of the Soulsborne games. Also been playing a lot of Into the Breach.

Hey all! I’m Pat, @JesterPC on Twitter, my writing (which I hope to get back to this year) can be found over on gaminginconfidence.com, and I podcast at fyx.space! I’ve been following Waypoint since launch, and have lurked here for a couple of years, but I rarely post and realized I hadn’t done so in this thread, so hi!

hellooo
I’m bswanz (he/him), a late 20-something and I’ve been a big fan of Waypoint since it began but have not really jumped back into posting on forums for years. I am really interested in getting involved in the Waypoint community via discord and expanding my network a bit - this is mostly spurred by The Big Eco Game right now. I live in the PNW, am pretty social, and am always looking to meet new people.