Picky Eating Habits You Just Can't Help

Beets in any form that isn’t fresh just is weird tasting, but roasted beets are a great way to get some beets and to make them really flavorful, if you still want the beet-y ness!

That’s definitely something I’d be(et) willing to try! Anything that gets me to eat more vegetables is a plus.

1 Like

Yeah, roasting veggies is not 100% the HEALTHIEST way but honestly a tiny bit of olive oil, salt and pepper and whatever other spices you want really makes a very colorful, tasty addition to your meals. Cauliflower especially is a good choice, especially if your own exposure to it is really oversteamed stuff. You can also make “buffalo wing” cauliflower too.

3 Likes

I hate mustard, olives, horseradish, and sauerkraut…

1 Like

My fiance and I love making mock mashed potatoes with cauliflower

I cant do seafood either it so sad cause sushi looks so damn good and I hate ever piece I have tried to eat

1 Like

I hate tomatoes.

I think they’re the devil’s fruit. And I’ll get people who think “Oh but I’m sure you like pasta and pizza tomato sau-” LIKE NOPE. HATE THOSE TOO. ESPECIALLY THOSE. Like every time I bite into a pizza and think “well maybe this time will be different” instead its like biting into a fire hose that bursts open and spreads a 50 PSI spray of tomato sauce everywhere and it so grossly sweet but sour at the same time WHY DO YOU ALL TORTURE ME LIKE THIS.

2 Likes

Onions are in everything and for me they foul the whole dish. I find them unbearable in texture and taste and I have very little reasoning behind it because I enjoy onion as a flavor (powdered or even fried in batter like a blooming onion) but if they are in a meal, raw or cooked, I will avoid it completely. They almost make me nauseous and alter the taste of things they have been cooked with and it drives me nuts.

1 Like

This is my exact situation. It is hell since they are literally unavoidable. But the only thing worse than onions are surprise onions.

Hiding in the mozzarella, submerged in the hummus, lying in wait for us to sink our teeth into our sandwiches, ready to strike

I give them an honest try whenever I accidentally get them in an order but I have yet to enjoy them

1 Like

It’s so painful because I desperately want to like them. It also sucks because my favorite sandwich has both onions and green peppers in it, but they’re prepared together so I cant get one without the other :frowning:

Cauliflower is something I can totally get behind and I think I might’ve had the buffalo wing variety once or twice. It’s pretty versatile. I like a little spice so I put red pepper flakes on a lot of the vegetables I consume. Obviously can’t recommend to everyone, but there ya go.

How do you feel about white pizza?

I mean I’m okay with it, but I usually find it a bit too much. Like cheese sitting on a cheese or cream based sauce… like that’s A LOT of fat and salt and can really upset my stomach pretty easily.

I DO HAVE A SOLUTION THOUGH which I’m more than happy to share with folk.

If you have a food processor or blender or something like that, making puree of roasted bell peppers (red, yellow, orange, or some combo of the three but NOT green) and then simmering that with a bit of olive oil, garlic, salt, a pinch of sugar, and like… about a half cup of cream, it makes an AMAZING sauce not only for a pizza base but for pasta as well. Especially if you finish off with a little bit of parmesan cheese its pure and wonderful bliss~ :weary::ok_hand:

3 Likes

:open_mouth: that sounds really good!

Beans. Beans are bad. Could never stand the texture. I’ll take chickpeas in falafel but that’s about it (don’t even talk to me about hummus).

I’m a supertaster, so I feel like I have a bunch of weird eating habits. I have a more sensitive sense of taste, but that means that a lot of flavors end up being too strong for me. Cilantro is vile to me, although there’s other non-supertasters who have the same thing. It’s genetic. Even seltzer water is something that is too strong for me. Way too bitter. So in general, I end up preferring blander foods.

1 Like

Raw celery is the grossest thing, but I don’t think this is a terribly uncommon opinion. A lot of people don’t seem terribly fond of it, is my impression. But it still gets used in some dishes for some reason?

Yeah, you can chop it up small and put it in salads, but is it really improving things? I doubt it. Cooking celery at least mitigates its distressing texture, but even then it merely reaches tolerable status.

Anyways, that’s a boring one, but it’s the only piece of food I get actively annoyed by.

1 Like

Pickles, onions, and my number one gag food mushrooms. I absolutely can’t handle the texture of mushrooms.

2 Likes

I’m usually not too picky, but I absolutely cannot stand cilantro. I’ll go so far as to scrape away tiny scraps off of whatever I’m eating.

1 Like