[PODCAST Episode 281] What It's Like Building a Company for Marginalized Voices

It's been two years but he's finally back. Manveer Heir, who came on Waypoint Radio in 2017 to talk about his time working on Mass Effect: Andromeda, has returned to the podcast studio with Rashad Redic, an industry veteran whose worked on games such as Fallout 3 and Skyrim. Together they make up two thirds of Brass Lion, a new entertainment studio with goal to tell the stories of underrepresented and marginalized groups in their own voices, from their own perspective. Austin sat down to chat with them about their first game, Corner Wolves, their experiences in the industry, building a new startup, and the best hip-hop artists of all time. You can listen to the full episode and read an excerpt below.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/a35bee/what-its-like-building-a-company-for-marginalized-voices
1 Like

Did they just say Just Blaze?!
I’m in.

2 Likes

was looking forward to this interview since the company was announced! just knew manveer would be back on the pod. great interview, I’m excited to see what the game is all about.
can’t wait for manveer and austins hiphop video game podcast

1 Like

This podcast was a blast to listen to, Austin sounded like he was having fun and Brass Lion seems like an awesome studio. One of the first Waypoint episodes I listened to was with Manveer, so this was a treat.

Austin mentioned there are some good hip hop podcasts, can anyone recommend some? I LOVE hardcore/punk/ska, but I only like hip hop and I’m kind of picky. I’d like to learn from critics and black voices in that scene.

7 Likes

I am barely at all aware of the rap scene, but that final top 5 there was wild. Damn that Oakland burn.

“Fuck Capitalism” def giving out different energy than “Be good and be good at it”

5 Likes