Post your inspirations!

hey all!

why don’t we post various twitter/tumblr/websites/etcetc that we use for inspiration when building campaigns/playing?

Lately I’ve been using a Twitter account called 70s Sci Fi Art: https://twitter.com/70sscifiart Pretty much anything posted there is perfect. Tons of great abstract scifi imagery with vivid colors.

Anyone have anything mecha related? Cool images of various designs etc?

Steve Gaynor’s rekall.me is a veritable fountain of neon cyberpunkia.

I find general news sites really useful. It’s odd, but the real world has all sorts of potential for story. I have found myself following a trail of articles from one initial piece of breaking news only to come out of the other end with an adventure, an encounter, or at least some facet of a game.

Twitter can be equally useful for this sort of thing.

Wikipedia - another trail hunter resource I cannot speak more highly about. I subscribe to their annual drive for funds precisely because I find it so useful.

Pinterest and sites like Art Station or Deviant Art - these offer a wealth of potential, either as the catalyst for creating something or as stock images for handouts to show players the places or people they’re meeting.

Been drawing a lot inspiration from Annihilation by Jeff Vandermeer for a paranormal DnD campaign. The personification of nature and subsequent uncertainty of humanity’s hegemony/continued existence is what I’m particularly interested in emulating.

I haven’t done anything with it yet, but I think Isaac Asimov’s Foundation series would also be interesting to base a sci-if campaign around!