Pretty good Stellaris expansion story trailer

I hope is’s ok to link to a game trailer (aka a commercial) But I found it pretty epic.
youtube link

It’s a good trailer, but I can’t help but think that the actual game won’t be nearly as emotional. I know the game doesn’t need to be as cinematic and moving as a trailer, but it feels a bit jarring to go from hearing an individual’s story and manifesto to looking up the features of the expansion and getting

Stellaris: Apocalypse redefines stellar warfare for all players with a host of new offensive and defensive options. Destroy entire worlds with terrifying new planet-killer weapons, fight against (or alongside) ruthless space pirates, and maybe discover a few non-violent game features as well.

which seems fun enough but is not exactly comparable to a rousing speech.

Yeah there a (giant) jump between trailer and gameplay.
But…
It’s a game where, I like to role-play and not such plays to win. In one of my campaigns. The nearest empire was a typical evil empire and a little further away, was an empire of genocidal maniacs. I tried my best to stay out of conflict with these two. The maniacs attacked the evil empire and won large areas. When the maniacs then further over extend their campaign. I attacked and liberated (read annexed) the evil empires lost planets. Then i looked at the population of the liberated planets, and saw that none of the native of population, was on the planets any-more. And I got a little angry, when I realised the obvious, that genocidal maniacs are genocidal. And I thought about, if I should “punish” the new population, as being guilty as being part in genocide.
I didn’t :).
But I love when game mechanics do that, by creating hooks that my imagination can fill up to tell a story. Or if you will, advance cloud watching :wink: