PS4Frame AKA Warframe on the Playstation 4 (+ PC)

I didn’t see the dev stream, but going off how you described it this seems like a totally valid point that DE should’ve caught earlier. Don’t use the word savage anywhere near something that’s based on Africa or African culture, period, now and forever.

The response you got was about what I expected. Warframe reaches such a wide range of people that the community has both the nicest, most generous members and also just the grimiest internet creeps. Even in a case this clear cut, that can also be chalked up to an accidental oversight, there’s going to be someone that tries the “You’re being too sensitive” defense to avoid engaging with the actual issues. It’s still worth talking about in the hopes that someone higher up sees it and realizes that hey, this is pretty gross and easy to fix.

Thanks for posting this here, I replied on the forums, where I never go so would not have seen this. You have perfectly legitimate concerns and it is good that you are putting them out there!

Is the PC clan still taking on new members?
If they’re still sending out invites, my username is MagicFlounder. Thanks!

Invited!

This is extremely valid criticism. It sucks that the forums is somewhere between mixed and unreceptive to that criticism, but I’m really hoping DE notices this. I think they kind of stumble into some problematic things like this generally accidentally, but that doesn’t mean it’s right. I feel a similar way, though not to quite the same degree, about valkyr’s Hysteria ability.

the update is now live and, good news, the ability name was changed!

This update looks huge! Aaaand I’m nowhere near the required rank at Solaris United to tackle these things… Let’s hope they’ll knock it down after a bit.

And Good On You @CritFumble, someone at DE must have seen that thread. You did a good thing!

whaaa?
they changed the name??

oh my god my crops are watered my skin is clear this is so much better
and serene storm is a way cooler name anyway

whatever thr reason they’ve changed it either from my post or it was just a place holder doesnt really matter im just glad its not what it was

thanks for the support guys it really means allot
much love for the waypoint tenno

My Girl Mesa looks so good in gold, yall. She got those wide shoulders, a high collar, and belts for days. I love her so much.

And still with these ridiculous prices on the prime stuff. Like, if that accessories pack was a tenner or so I’d have snapped it up, what a treat! But it’s 33 quid and it does’t even come with any play for your troubles. It’s absolutely ridiculous. And 100 odd quid for any sort of DLC thing, let alone a character, some weapons and some dress-up toys, is still beyond the pale. I’ve no idea how much they make from these prime launch packs, but there’s no way it wouldn’t be more if they set the price point so that you don’t have to go into debt for it.

if anyone wants a kick-start with finding the Lore Fragments, i managed to find Eudico’s first fragment by accident :V

i found it in the cave system north of the reservoir:

Warframefragmentmap

near the bottom of the cave you should find a hole with coolant coming out:

it’s too small to walk through, but you should be able to slide into it and find your first fragment!

I’ve started playing a lot of Warframe on PS4 and wondering if there’s a waypoint ps4 clan that’s active and has openings. Username is Lambda-Naught on PSN

There is! @M_o is in charge of PS4 clan invites, so they should be able to help you out.

I’ll get ya tonight. Clan is a little slow rn but I know a lot of us are planning to dive into fortuna soon

Yo what’s good, Warframe got itself a pirate radio station courtesy of Nora Night.

Everything about Nora Night so far as been incredible, I caught the “It can be tough as a kid” monologue by chance and I was not expecting to be so emotionally effected like that. Absolutely worth listening out for it in game or hunting it on youtube if you haven’t heard it.

And man, the gameplay stuff for this is real nice., especially that Umbra Forma. Gonna get a real good Valkyr out of that for sure.

…that Wolf lad looks an awful lot like the Doom guy tho

Just joined the game last week and really enjoying it. Is there a Waypoint clan on Switch?

PC Players:

There’s been some discussion in the discord about removing some inactive players from our clan in order to reduce clan size and make some research projects actually attainable (hema!!). While I haven’t looked at how many people are what degree of “inactive”, or how many people would need to be removed to get us down a clan size tier, I wanted to bring some of this discussion into the thread here too since I know not everyone is active in the discord.

Ultimately, I just want to make sure whatever we decide on is agreeable for everyone!

Update dropping tonight, featuring Hildryn for everyone who wants to be large, in charge, and very purple. I’m looking forward to the modifications to the melee system myself, they’re doing a weird thing in this game with trying to combine a third person shooter with a light character action thing, which I feel no game has pulled off to my satisfaction but am always interested in seeing devs try to nail it down.

I’d also like to ask for an invite to the PC clan (username CommentCode) but given the immediately previous post that might be making things inconvenient :V

Inviting you now! Considering you’re currently active and we’re not close to the next clan size threshold, it’s not inconvenient at all.

What happens to clan (vault?) donations when a player leaves? Could you get people to put the things needed in the vault and then kick active players for a day, start the research and then let the active players back in. That way you only kick people who you know will come back straight away

We’ve got several people that haven’t logged in for almost a year. If they do end up returning they can always post in the thread for another invite.

Yeah I tend more towards this thinking than having people contribute to the vault, leave, and get reinvited, for a few reasons. Downsizing the clan still puts the hema kind of far out, such that doing the vault-and-reinvite plan wouldn’t be possible for a few months yet. Also, what AlexLW said: many people haven’t logged in for a very long time, and probably won’t notice that they’ve been removed for a long time as well. If they get back around to Warframe, they can for sure request another invite.

I also don’t feel incredibly comfortable with the active players surrendering resources to the clan vault and then being removed from the clan. Even with them being reinvited right away, it makes the act of researching these items really arduous for the people doing the real work of gathering and donating resources in order to prevent culling people who haven’t logged in for months. For those reasons, I’m resistant to the vault-and-reinvite plan.