PS4Frame AKA Warframe on the Playstation 4 (+ PC)

I’ve been getting back into warframe after a break, and I’d love to join the clan and help out. My username is dirrwen on PC.

I’d love an invite to PS4 clan. Username is rosenstern777

Dark Sectors and Solar Rail clan wars are currently frozen and slated for rework, so joining an Alliance is almost exclusively for being able to chat with more people.

I was convinced I’d play this game for an hour or two and bounce off hard, but the loot grind and the movement system hooked me. Just finished War Within and I still can’t decide whether I hate or love how incredibly byzantine all the progression systems seem to be.

Playing on PC right now for lack of a PS4, would love to join up with a Waypoint clan. (Username is paulblartspacecop)

We need to build a barracks before we can invite you, because we’ve hit our current cap! I’ll prioritize the barracks to get you in.

I’ve sent invites to everyone else that I saw for PC, so if you didn’t get an invite, gimmie a holler.

PC Dojo report: Bio lab will be done in 24 hours (did this so we can get stuff for the plague star event). Orokin lab and shadow clan barracks both just need a forma to finish. I have also given build privileges to people by default, because I kind of want to see an honor system, where we can all build the dojo together and trust each other to not delete stuff. Also I am not very creative with it, so everything is cross connectors, reactors, and labs.

(PC Clan) I want whatever lab let’s me get the thing that makes it so my space doggo (named him Mako) doesn’t die by accident =) He’s staying a space pup until I get that upgrade!

Also, is there a discord we should be in for the clan?

The main reason not to would be that the GB community has different community standards. And while it may not affect me personally (and I don’t want to speak for other people) I could imagine other people not wanting to be exposed to some of GB’s toxic elements in chat or otherwise.

A clan Discord might not be a bad idea actually, at least once the clans grow larger. What’s everybody’s thoughts on that? I’d be happy to set one up, I’m thinking a joint server for both PC and PS4 with separate channels…?

My clan key will be ready tomorrow, excited to check out the Dojo! :smiley:

Is it too early to start talking about aesthetics?

Your first Warframe will be one of three starters, and each one is totally viable, though the game’s mod system does allow you to take all of them into endgame. Vets in general will say take Excalibur (Excal) over Mag and Volt, as he’s easier to play with your introductory mod setups, but all three really do work.

Reddit has a list of resources; also, the Reddit community is kind of small, but if you want to stay up-to-date on what’s currently happening or what’s about to come out, it’s a good place to check.

However, if you want to know things about how the game works, the Warframe wiki is your forever best friend. Your other best friends will be on YouTube; folks like Mogamu, Tactical Potato, Brozime and MCGamerCZ all put out a lot of informative content. Not all of it is directed at new players, though, so it can be kinda overwhelming to dive into, say, Brozime’s reviews if you are just getting started.

Good luck!

That’s the Nutrio Incubator segment from the Tenno Lab. Though apparently they recently changed that. From update 22.12 -

“Added a completely new flow for Companion Incubator Management. Pets can no longer die! The base Incubator now behaves exactly as the Nutrio Incubator does with auto-stasis, and those with the Nutrio Incubator receive a significant discount on future DNA Stabilizer costs (from 75,000 to 5,000)!”

That’s currently PC only, though, I think? It’ll likely come to consoles soon-ish!

That’s a good point, and I don’t really have any experience with the Giant Bomb community, so I have no idea what the tone is like. I think for now, because of that and because being in an alliance doesn’t do a whole lot right now, we can just hold off. If other people feel differently, please shout out though!

Also I think a clan discord would be extremely rad. I’m not on the waypoint discord yet (haven’t gotten around to asking for an invite), so it’d be good to have a place to discuss minor stuff without cluttering things up here too much.

I’d be down for a clan discord.

DM me for invites to the waypoint discord. Should be fine for discussion and maybe we can get some new members.

Alternately if y’all are set on a warframe discord, dm me an invite to that lol

Also, away from PS4 till Sunday, so I’ll hit people with clan invites then

Oh that’s great news - thank you for the update, finding the current information can be rough sometimes given the age of the game and number of updates. It took me a while just to figure out what happens to your pet if they die on mission and don’t get revived in time! (Answer is they are back on your ship and lose some loyalty points - but I’ve not verified this myself so don’t assume this is 100% correct!).

I like the idea of a joint PC/PS4 discord - I play on PC but have both systems and in the past you could import a PC character to PS4 (one way only) and I’ve seen DE say they would love to do that again in which case PC players could come hang out with the PS4 players.

speaking of which, would people mind if i worked on future-proofing the dojo a little?

i want to replace the single reactor we have with a lower level where we can put all the reactors and barracks we need; this is a plan i mocked up if you want some idea of what i’m thinking. this way, we can just add more cross corridors if we need space for reactors.

the issue is that it’ll take a while before it’s complete and i’ll also need to build a second reactor somewhere in order to give myself some breathing room with regards to power, but if no one has any major objections, i can get started asap.

I’m totally fine with it as long as others are! Might just cause a delay in getting the barracks and labs online, but not too much of a delay. Thanks for working up that plan! I don’t really have the foresight to plan dojo stuff, so I’m glad someone is.

it looks like i don’t have building privileges since i’m still an Initiate.

I thought I gave all initiate’s build privileges, but it must not have worked? I will look at it when I get home tonight, sorry about that!

I popped a forma in the shadow barracks, so more people should be able to join tomorrow when it’s done.

I’m already in the waypoint discord but I wouldn’t mind a clan specific one if that’s what other folks want to do. It would give us more room to work with without cluttering up the main discord.