PSA: Binary Domain Collection Sale (PC)

For those of you looking to play through this month’s book club game, Binary Domain Collection is on sale for 80% off at the Humble Store.

Well, damn it. Already bought it last week on Steam at full price and have played past 2 hours, so no refund for me…

I would avoid considering abusing the refund system to time-shift purchases while moving them to a competing service (which still ends up registered on Steam so trackable). Time-shifting itself around sales is often tolerated but doing so while changing retail provider is probably going to be considered the other side of fraudulent (so eventually they’ll probably do something about repeat offenders to retain the integrity of the refund system).

Valve are well within their rights to block you from buying anything on their service again to protect themselves from fraudulent refund claims. The consumer protection of refunds is for when a product fails to meet the requirements of the purchaser or is defective. The various windows for automated processing (like 2 hours) are not designed to change this.

Yeah, I guess I didn’t consider the fact I would be buying it from another service when reading, “We do not consider it abuse to request a refund on a title that was purchased just before a sale and then immediately rebuying that title for the sale price.” Learn something new everyday!

oh dang, thanks for the heads up on this! now i will definitely play this for the book club thingie.