PSA Giveaways and Gifting Thread

Well, kinda explains itself. I know that there is both threads talking about free games, my intention is more in the ways of temporary free and giveaways games (or other stuff, up to you guys).

If not allowed nor useful, free to lock mods, no biggie.

If I may, let’s begin.

For the next 46 hrs on GOG, The Polish Giveaway Pack: Stronghold HD + A.D. 2044

Have fun everybody!

120 Games, 1 Goal - Pile of Shame: 0
Let's talk about Game Deals!

Just wanted to say thank you for the heads up on that! Stronghold is one of my favorite game series and the first one is great, Crusader, Stronghold 2, and Legends as well. Highly recommend picking the game up for free.

Ooooh, thank you! Never played a Stronghold game before but it should be my kind of thing.

I suck with RTSs/strategy games, but Stronghold was always a curiosity of mine since I’ve started trying to get into the genre.
Only game I’ve ever got into was Empire Earth, and my strategy was merely build a wall and hold as long as I can, so maybe Stronghold it right up my alley. :sweat_smile:

Would this be a good place to do “gifts” as well? Like if I buy a Humble Bundle and don’t want all the games, would it be cool to offer them here?

Stronghold is more on the management and sim side of things than the strategy. It is less micro intensive and simpler to play so yeah it might be right up your alley. :slight_smile:

I could edit the title and include gifting aswell, unless you want to start a thread just for that, all good to me. :slight_smile:

@tolvo good to know, thanks! :grinning:

Well gifts count as free stuff, so if it’s ok with you and with the mods I see no reason to not do that here :slight_smile:

@Rama it is done :wink:

The excellent and overlooked Brütal Legend is free on the Humble Store until tomorrow. If you like metal, comedy, beat-em-ups and light RTS elements, don’t sleep on this!

And the utterly bonkers shooter MDK is free on GOG for the next two days.

Both are old enough that you can run them on a toaster (if your toaster is fairly recent), and both are well worth experiencing.

Thanks. I don’t know if my toaster is recent enough but the games look old enough to run on low settings :slight_smile:

MDK was one of those “this box looks cool” game purchases I made as a kid and hoooooooo boy is that game bizarre. It might just have the most out of left field ending of any game out there.

So, I have 45 odd games sitting in my Humble Library that I don’t plan to play/already own. I want to give them away, but I’m not really sure how.
My two ideas so far:

1. Create a Google Form for people to fill out and enter their username into a raffle.
  2. Post the list of games and give them out on a first come, first served basis.

#2 is probably easier, so I’ll likely do that. I don’t mind if people take more than one game, but I want to give everyone a somewhat fair chance. I could set a limit, like only 1 game per person every 48 hours.

If anyone has suggestions or input let me know. I’d be following Humble’s rules for gifting individual keys, to be clear (giving out the URL to a copy of the game). I’ll message a mod before posting, to make sure it’s okay, if they don’t see this.

I have some duplicate keys sitting in my Humble account as well if you’d be interested in a trade. Though if you have that many, chances are you probably already have most (if not all) of the same.

Okay, so I’ll be giving out games from the list below, one at a time, on a first come, first served basis. Here is how this will work:

• PM me with “Giveaway” as the subject and in the body up to 3 games you’d like from the list below (in order of greatest to least desired).
    • To easily PM a user click on their name/avatar, a menu should open, and then click “Message” in the upper right. (Or DM me if you’re on Discord: LittleBlob#0935)
  • Starting from #1, I’ll go down your list of games and see if one is available.
    • If a game hasn’t been taken, I’ll message you back with its gift URL.
    • If all 3 games have been taken I’ll message you back to inform you. You can then check the list of games and send me another message.
  • You may request another game after 48 hours of sending a message that resulted in receiving a game.

I’ll be deleting games that have been claimed.

Cursed Castilla (Maldita Castilla EX)
Mr. Shifty
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition
Tomb Raider (2013)
Kingdom: New Lands
Oddworld: New ‘n’ Tasty
Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons x2
Hacknet x2
They Bleed Pixels
GoNNER - Press Jump To Die Edition (game + OST)
Kingdom: New Lands Royal Edition (game + OST)
Black Mesa
Bit Blaster XL
The Forest
Her Story
Broken Age
80 Days
Dungeon of the Endless - Crystal Pack
Retro City Rampage DX
Door Kickers
Tropico 5
Ultimate General Gettysburg
Vanguard Princess ( + Packs: Lilith, Hilda, Kurumi)
One Way Heroics
Race the Sun
Deep Dungeons of Doom
Always Sometimes Monsters
Half Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy

Rayman Origins
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

—Steam Gifts—
Bit.Trip Runner, Bit.Trip Beat, Guns of Icarus, Grav, Duck Game.
I was sent some Steam Gifts to give away. PM me if interested so we can exchange Steam IDs and then I can send you your game.

I should reply within 12-18 hours, but if I don’t feel free to send another message.

XCom: The Bureau: Declassified is free to grab for 2 days

It’s not without flaws but the story around it’s development is really bad

Same style as LittleBlob:

H1Z1 + Trickster Crate
Dead Rising 2
Seasons After Fall
Galactic Civilizations III
Neon Drive

Same as above, DM me (I’m also Emma on disc.)

AI War: Fleet Command
Double fine Documentary
Guacamelee super turbor whatever edition
Guns of Icarus Online
Human Resource Machine
No Time to Explain
Stanley Parable
Super Meat Boy
Super Hexagon
Waking Mars

Then a bunch of other garbo, lemme know if you want it!

Same style as LittleBlob:

The Flame in the Flood
A Story About My Uncle
Guacamelee Gold
Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition
Guns of Icarus Online
Human Resource Machine
No Time To Explain
The Stanley Parable
The Swapper
Cortex Command
Cortex Command